A general overview of transmedia and transmedia business models as presented to UnionDocs in Brooklyn, NY
2. Attention Economy
4. Participatory Culture
5. New World of Possibilities Possibilities New Directions & Methods
6. Multiple Access Points
7. Transmedia What it is: Types/examples: Develop the story across multiple entry points Events Multi-platform Games/ARG Audience can become immersed in experience Interactive components/ Augmented Reality Deep audience engagement Graphic Novels Encourages participatory audiences Online & viral content Each element a distinctive experience Mobile Story flows & builds rev streams Think Outside the norms - experiences
8. Transmedia Quick thoughts: Some Experts: Build audience dev. components from the beginning Christy Dena Think beyond marketing Stephen Dinehart (coined) Extend the experience Jeff Gomez Think about impact & social change Henry Jenkins Not just games.... events, gallery shows, etc. Mike Monello Some projects may not need to be a film John Threat ...or can become one if successful Lance Weiler Transmedia can be simple Many more...
10. Lance Weiler: Pandemic
13. David Dufresne and Philippe Brault: Prison Valley Case Study on SlideShare
14. Embrace Multi-modality
In biz plan
15. Multi-Modal Practices Platforms Theatrical Events Nontheatrical (incl. fests) Games Educational ARG Broadcast Interactive DVD Experiences VOD/EST Apps Online + Viral Content Marketing Piracy/Peer to Peer PR Territories Print Mobile/Portable Devices Merchandise Windows Other....
16. A U D I E N C E Multi-Modal Practices Platforms Theatrical Events Nontheatrical (incl. fests) Games Educational ARG Broadcast Interactive DVD Experiences VOD/EST Apps Online + Viral Content Marketing Piracy/Peer to Peer PR Territories Print Mobile/Portable Devices Merchandise Windows Other....
17. Multi-Modal Practices Business/Finance Models Foundations Co-Op Marketing Government Licensing Nonprofit/NGO Partnerships Gap Corporate/Brands Debt Individual Donors Free Investment Subscription Tax Incentives/Rebates/Credits Advertising Sales Affiliate Models Sales Agents Lease Related Sales (merchandise, stock footage....) Co-Production Post Other....
18. Each platform will probably have multiple business models
19. The best way to predict the future is to invent it Alan Kay
20. Brian Newman Sub-Genre Media [email_address] @bnewman01 sub-genre.com