Cardboard Box Office 6 Questions Its a photo blog created by the couple Leon Mackie and Lilly Lang. Dedicated to recreating scenes from classic movies using cardboard boxes and other items from their home. The couple's sweet son Orson also stars in the recreated scenes.
Sample Star Wars (WAH WARS)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day PAPA LA VISTA, BABY.
Jurassic Park GOO-GOO GAA-GAA-RASSIC PARK
The Temple of Doom THE CRADLE OF DOOM
Die Hard YIPPEE KAY-AYE, MAMA N PAPA.
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou THE LIFE DOMESTIC
Cast Away CASTABABY
Halloween - Vine Ads 8 Questions Vine ads on Horror movies 16
The Shining 18
Paranormal Activity 26
HBO - New York International Latino Film Festival Ads 6 Questions - Ads featuring movie genres/recipe 33
1) These specific type of strings used to control puppets are famous because of an artform practiced in Italy, especially in Sicily. This artform doesnt come under the general puppeteering. a) Name this artform/ What are these strings called? Poster for a famous movie features these strings. b) Identify the movie
Marionette Operas/ Marionette Strings & The Godfather
2) Rob Reiner, director of A Few Good Men and When Harry met Sally, named his production company in honor of a fictional town in Maine from a famous authors(X) works. Rob Reiner being a fan of X produced seven movies adapted from his books. Among them he directed two movies: Stand by Me and Misery. Identify the Author and Production company.
Stephen King & Castle Rock Entertainment
3) Identify X and Y The title of the movie X was originally a subtitle for Die Hard 4 project. Bruce Willis traded the name for one his movies for acting in Die Hard 4. So they changed the subtitle to Y. Identify the original subtitle X which was made into another movie and actual subtitle Y. 52
X Tears of the Sun Y Live Free or Die Hard
4) Identify the movie and the instrument Video
The Third Man & Zither
5) Mise en abyme (French for placed into abyss) refers to a concept in which an element repeats itself several times. A prime example of Mise en abyme in movie and literature is the concept of story within a story or an entity within another identical entity. A famous contemporary director has used this concept of Mise en abyme several times in his movies. Notable among them are: a) His first experimental short film explored this concept and contained a scene in which the bug the protagonist tries to catch is actually another version of himself. b) In his seventh feature film, the story goes through a Mise en abyme structure during the characters self induced sleep. Identify both the movies. (No points for the director)
Stills from his first short film(a)
Doodlebug & Inception
6) This movie is roughly based on ? The movie Legend of Bagger Vance is based on the 1995 book of the same title by Steven Pressfield, which in turn is roughly based on X. The characters R. Junuh played by Matt Damon and Bagger Vance played by Will Smith were also named after the characters/role in X. Plot of the movie is a down-and-out golfer attempts to recover his game and his life with help from a mystical caddy. 59
Bhagavad Gita R. Junuh Arjuna Bagger Vance Bhagavan (Krishna) 60
7) Identify the Director X The Five Ways To Know Youre Watching a X Movie: 1) 2) 3) 4) Daddy issues Streams of light Awestruck faces (AKA The X Face) This shot A character sees something through a window, windshield or other piece of glass. The camera sits on the opposite side so that we see what they are seeing as well as the expression on their face as they see it, without a need for a cutaway shot. 5) * The music of Y 61
X Spielberg Y John Williams John Williams has worked with Spielberg on every one of his films except The Color Purple, which was scored by Quincy Jones Time magazine put together a great video presentation featuring the top five ways that you know you're watching this directors movie. 62
8) Identify the two editing techniques which are used to create smooth transition from one scene to another in films. In ancient times, before "timelines" or digital editing even existed, these cuts were known as "video advance" and "audio advance. Pics on next slide 63
a) During scene transition the audio changes first and the previous scene video continues for sometime. 64
b) During scene transition the video changes first and the previous scene audio continues for sometime. 65
J - cut & L - cut 66
9) Identify the movie and what's unique about this video Video 67
First time TED Talk is used for movie promotion 68
10) Why was he banned for 8 years ? Mahmoud Basiri is a 66 years old well known Iranian actor. He was banned from acting during the years 2005 2013. In an recent interview with Iranian Student News Agency (ISNA) the actor opened up. He complained that after the ban, even his photos were removed from the clips of his Television shows.
He looks like former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (L) and Ma