2. Monsoon rains have hit India, Pakistan, and Myanmar hard this season. Two trains collided in central India yesterday due to problems with soil under the tracks, killing nearly 30 people. Myanmar officials reported that more than 250,000 people have been affected by the flooding, while in Pakistan, more than 100 lives have been lost.
3. An Indian flood victim makes her way to a makeshift shelter through flooded street at Kalabagan village 150km north of Calcutta, India, on Aug. 4.
4. An aerial view shows floodwaters inundating houses and vegetation in Kalay, upper Myanmar's Sagaing region, on Aug. 2.
5. Rescuers work at the site of a train accident, 180 kilometers from Bhopal near Harda district of Mahdya Pradesh, India, on Aug. 5.
6. Train accident victims are treated at the city hospital at Harda district of Mahdya Pradesh on Aug. 5.
7. Myanmar Buddhist monks and a young novice sit together on a bench inside a half-flooded monastery in Nyaung Don township Myanmar, on Aug. 5.
8. Soldiers and rescue workers unload aid from a cargo plane in Sittwe airpot at Sittwe, Rakhine state, on Aug. 5.
9. Myanmar girl sells food in water in Yangon, Myanmar, on July 31.
10. Girls carry water pots through floodwater at Camp Koruna Akbar in the Pura area of Nowshera District, northwestern Pakistan, on Aug. 5.
11. A Pakistani resident drinks water from a hand-pump at a flooded area in Nowshera district, in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, on Aug. 3.
12. Indian villagers wade through floodwaters in Bherampur Block, Murshidabad District, some 220kms north of Kolkata as the remnants of Cyclone Komen carrying heavy monsoon rains cross the eastern Indian state of West Bengal.
13. A Pakistani man carries his belongings as he wades through a flooded area in Nowshera district, in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, on Aug. 3.
14. Indian villagers make their way to a makeshift shelter between flooded streets of Sreerampur village, 150km north of Calcutta, India, on Aug. 4.
15. Children fetch drinking water at a pump well near their half- submerged residences in Nyaung Tone, Myanmar, on Aug 5.
16. A view of a flooded road on the banks of river Ganga, in the northern India caused the rise in water levels, in Allahabad, India, on Aug. 2.
17. A flood-affected resident swims through floodwaters in Kalay, upper Myanmar's Sagaing region on Aug. 3.
18. A rickshaw puller waits for passengers in the streets during a heavy downpour in Dhaka, Bangladesh, on Aug. 1.
19. Villagers walk on a railway track that was damaged after heavy monsoon rains near Patdi village in Gujarat, on Aug. 3.
20. Myanmar rescue workers assist victims with their cattle to flee flooded areas near Thayet township of Magway Region, Myanmar, on Aug. 1.
21. Indian commuters wade through a flooded street in Prafulla Nagar, some 120km north of Calcutta, India, on Aug. 3.
22. An Indian villager holds fish after catching them from a flooded street in Prafulla Nagar, some 120km north of Calcutta, India, on Aug. 3.
23. A Hindu holy man gets into a boat after the hut where he lives was surrounded by flood waters of the River Ganges in Allahabad, India.
24. Raju Sikder (left) uses a hand pump for drinking water between flooded water at Suvasgram village far south of Calcutta, India, on July 31.
25. An Indian fish vendor closes his rain suit while standing in flood water at a local fish market during continuous rain shower in Calcutta, India, on Aug. 1.
26. Indian street vendor Vijay adjusts his display of umbrellas and paddling pools for sale on a roadside in Amritsar on July 29.
27. A bicycle seen between flooded water at Suvasgram village far south of Calcutta, India, on July 31.
28. Stranded passengers of a bus wait to be rescued from the flood- affected area of Patan district in Gujarat, India, on July 29.