2. The genre of our film is film noir thriller that specifically looks at crime, detective fiction. It uses shadowing, silhouettes and black & white toning to create a airy and mysterious atmosphere. Film Noir is also based on the 1950s time period and because of this most character roles are played by male actors, however we have decided to subvert roles usually played by males to be played by women to make our film unique to others in this genre.
3. Marilyn Winters is a lady of leisure who relies on her wealthy husband for cash, her life is full of constant white lies, but what she soon unravels shows that she is not the only one keeping secrets, her husband is having a sexual affair with the 16year old maid Nancy. The lie is too much for Marilyn to handle and she approaches her husband with a kitchen knife and repeatedly stabs Jack in order to receive his millions. It is then down to hired detective Rose Brown and his trusty partner to solve the crime and bring the murderer to justice. But what they both dont realise is that the murderer is closer to the crime than they think and that this could not be the only murder in the village.
4. Marilyn (24)Is a lady of a leisure who lives purely off her husbands wealth and fortune. She is very insecure on her looks deep down , but comes across as extremely confident and arrogant to everyone else. This is why she is so untrusting of her husband . Behind closed doors she has a few secrets of her own but feels telling them would lead to serious consequences. She never regrets her actions just blames them on her alter ego. Detective Rose Brown (22)Been a successful detective for 6 years and decided to follow in her mothers footsteps by working privately. Her childhood consisted of several boarding schools and grammar foundations, where she was top of the class in all subjects. She suffers amnesia which can sometimes affect her pace of work, but she can always rely on her partner for support in getting the case closed.
5. Detectives partner (20) Only been in the business for two years but has experienced some of the most severe and extreme cases known to man. His father was murdered at an early age which is why he uses his job as a way of getting revenge on other murderers. He takes his job very seriously, ensuring that his work comes first at all times. He hopes in the near future he will be able to be a full-time detective himself and not be shadowing in someone else's footsteps.
6. Sophie Sangha Plays; Policeman and films costume designer Thomas Johnson Director, Editor and Camera Man Kirsty RicePlays; Marilyn Assistant Editor
7. The target audience for our film is 18-24 year olds. We feel this is the appropriate age range as the film shows explicit scenes of violence and bad language. Also our questionnaire findings prove that this age category prefer to be thrilled and kept on the edge of their seat when watching a film which film noir particularly does best. We have decided to target our film at both male and females because of it being such an unknown genre to most people it would be best to widen the audience and have it become popular again.
8. Below is the posters we created to show our target audiences interests and hobbies.
9. The USP for our film is that it follows the genre of film noir, which has recently vanished from our UK cinema screens, mainly because it follows a 1950s culture which has now become dated and highly feminist. However we feel that by modernising our film and giving equal character roles to both male and females and using modern technology that will enhance picture, we will be able to create a interesting piece of film noir that will encourage young people to get into the genre and watch future films that are similar.
10. We feel it is necessary to advertise our film in as many ways as possible to make it accessible for people to notice our film and be intrigued to want to go and see it.
11. We feel that to gain the large audiences we need, Paramount pictures would be the best company to distribute our film as they are a well known institute that have released big name films such as; shooter, super 8 and winner of academy award for best picture, Forest Gump. Paramount is also known as the longest running film studios in Hollywood and is consistently ranked as the top-grossing movie studios, which is why it would be perfect for getting our film noticed to such a varied audience worldwide.