Workshop, together with Richard Vodd as part of the Staff Training Week of Fontys International Office in Venlo.
1. Workshop7:Social Media MarketingNovember 9, 2011 Pierre Gorissen / Richard Vodd Fontys University of Applied Sciences
2. What are we going to do?
Marketing (old and new)
How do universities use Social Media?
How to develop a Social Media Strategy
3. Who are we?
4. Who are we?
5. Who are you? 6. Social Media " a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations ofWeb 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange ofuser-generated content ." Kaplan, Andreas M.; Michael Haenlein (2010) 7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSQrNUrGFr0 8. Does size matter? http://edudemic.com/2011/05/social-networks/ 9. http://www.flickr.com/photos/briansolis/2735401175/ 10. MarketingOld versus New 11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypmfs3z8esI 12. How does this video make you feel? 13. Facts
Your / our customers have changed!
Theyuse social media
To find information
To ask questions
To talk about
about you / your organisation!
14. Question(s): What does the world say about your institution? Did you know that? What are you going to do about it now you know? 15. How do Universities use Social Media? 16. Using Social Media
Gather and share information
Showcase student and faculty work
Create a dialogue with/through students
Provide a platform to broadcast events
Contact with alumni
17. Gather and share information 18. Produce, not just promote 19. Showcase student and faculty work 20. Create a dialogue 21. Provide a platform to broadcast events 22. Emergency notification 23. Contact with Alumni
Help alumni find jobs
Connect to them for fundraising
Let them spread information
Promote alumni networks and content
24. Contact with Alumni 25. Webcare 26. Building a strategy 1/2
Who is your target group?
Where are they now?
What is your current image?
What value can you add?
What is your budget?
How do you track social media?
27. Building a strategy 2/2
Set up your presence
Set up a publishing structure
Call to Action
Re-adjust your efforts
28. Wrap-up What areyougoing to do when you get back at your university? 29. Thank you for your active participation!