Teaching In An X,Y,Z World
Embed Size (px)
Text of Teaching In An X,Y,Z World
- 1. Teaching in an X,Y,Z World Lori Elliott
- 2. Which Generation are You? Generation X Generation Y
- 3. Generation X
- 4. Generation Y
- 5. Generation Z
- 6. How to Bridge the Generation Gap
- Reduce or remove any trace of threat from the learning
- Make content meaningful for students
- Promote physical stimulation to keep brains alert
- Use social interaction to assist understanding and recall
- 7. Acknowledgment Teach students, not Content
- 8. Crest of the Wave
- Students need lessons full of dramatic action, sudden changes,
and shifting points of view to hold their attention and keep them
- 9. How long can you pay attention?
- Teachers Presentation Skills
- Learners Internal Motivation
- 10. Reality
- On average, adults can focus up to 15 minutes.
- Teens eight to 10 minutes
- 11. What do we remember?
- Material at the start of class the first 10-15 minutes
- Very little in the middle
- Some points from the last moments of the lesson or class
- 12. Answer
- Brain Breaks every 15 minutes
- 13. Ideas
- Teach directly to the Point.
- Two minutes to edit notes or write reflection