1. David R. Zak Greater Springfield Chamber | CIC OCCD Spring Quarterly Meeting May 5, 2010 Social Media as a Toolfor Housing and Econ. Dev.
2. Social Media is no longer a fad.Its foundational to community and economic development.
3. Fewer Resources More Demands More Opportunities More Competition What is the problem?
4. Media is social when it provides a public platform for producer and consumer to connect, comment, and converse.
5. S Develop your STRATEGY O ORGANIZE your resources CCreate and share your CONTENT IDevelop your INFRASTRUCTURE AASSESS and ADJUST LLISTEN and engage The 6-step plan to Social Media Success
6. Social Media for work is about creating and sharing content.Its not about relationships.
7. Creating Content
8. Creating Content - Tools
9. Sharing Content
10. My Social Media Model
20. S Develop your STRATEGY 1. WHAT do you want to share? 2. WHERE will you get your content? 3. WHO will record and process data? 4. Do you have the TOOLS?Can you borrow? 5. HOW will you store and distribute? Warehouses, Store, Ads which ones 6. WHEN - Plan your frequency + schedule 1. Develop your STRATEGY
21. S Develop your STRATEGY O ORGANIZE your resources CCreate and share your CONTENT IDevelop your INFRASTRUCTURE A L The 6-step plan to Social Media Success
22. I Develop your INFRASTRUCTURE Purchase and learn your tools Build your warehouses Build an ad channel (or add one) Build your network Develop and maintain your network 4. Develop your INFRASTRUCTURE
23. S O C I AASSESS and ADJUST LLISTEN and engage The 6-step plan to Social Media Success
26. Social Media is no longer a fad.Its foundational to community and economic development.
27. David R. Zak www.davidzak.info http://bit.ly/seblog Thank You