This is my presentation I gave to the Wisconsin Literacy Colalition meeting on December 3, 2010.
Text of Social media 101 wisconsin literacy
1. Social Media 101 Theres no such thing as a stupid question!
2. Where it all started
3. Social Media is Worldwide
4. Global Response??
5. So What is Social Media? Social media is content created bypeople using highly accessible and scalable publishing technologies. ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media
6. Say What?? A category of sites that is based on user participation and user-generated content. They include social networking sites like Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook, social bookmarking sites like Del.icio.us, social news sites like Digg or Reddit, and other sites that are centered on user interaction.searchenginewatch.com/define
7. Social Media WOW Where to Start?
9. So What is Social Media?
10. What is Twitter?
Twitter is a social network comprised of short updates, or tweets