1. SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY Group members: Devin Wong Seet Tiong Hong Ling Sue Er Bridget Zi Shan Khang Wei
2. SILLY BOY
3. 1.CLASSICAL CONDITIONING Definition : When two stimuli are paired together,they may come to elicit the same response.
4. Concept Applied: When the phone ring DuDung ,then James knows that his friend ask him to go out. Neutral stimulus produces no reaction -James hears his phone ring DuDung, didnt know his friend calling him out. Unconditioned stimulus produces an unconditioned response -by viewing his message he know his friend date him out Neutral stimulus and unconditioned stimulus are paired together many times -Every time the phone ringDuDung, his friend ask to go out . Neutral stimulus produces a conditioned response and becomes a conditioned stimulus. -James knows his friend date him when the phone ringDuDUng
5. 2.THE FALSE CONSENSUS EFFECT Definition: The assumption that everyone shares ones opinion.The tendency for individual to overestimate the level to which other people share their beliefs,attitudes,and behaviour. Concept Applied: James believes that all of his friends think that driving sports car is cool just because he believe that its cool
6. 3.OPTIMISTIC BIAS Definition: Believing that bad things happen to other people and that you are more likely to experience positive events in life Concept Applied: When James parks at illegal parking, he thinks that he wont get fined by the police but others will if they park their car there.
7. Definition: Use others as the standard by which we compare ourselves. Concept Applied: He felt good about his branded stuff, knowing that his friends are all wearing cheap stuff. 4.DOWNWARD SOCIAL COMPARISON
8. Definition: Physical attractiveness stereotype and what is beautiful is good principle Concept Applied: Impression of his friends towards him lead them to feel that he is smart, kind and hardworking. 5.HALO EFFECT