EFL Blended Project on promoting Peace through the use of social media and virtual worlds. Venue: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/EduNation/31/228/31
Text of My Face for Peace - Avatars for Peace
1. Presented by Dr. Doris Molero (Pionia Destiny) and Saeeid Dastmalchian (SaeeidD)
2. Peace: Its up to all of us My face for peace is an independent peace initiative of the German/Iranian artist Saeeid Dastmalchian and his wife Cordula, launched in October 2012 in Hamburg/Germany for giving face to the wish for global peace. This campaign takes place on line through facebook. www.myfaceforpeace.org
3. Peace will never be achieved by force of arms. Positive change is possible only through unity and solidarity of a great mass of people. Say yes to peace within yourself. Showing face is a first step in a peaceful future. Let us live peace, rather than only dream. An open heart and an open mind are the most powerful means we have in our hands in order to give peace a chance.
6. Peace Oriented Education According to UNESCO, a peace oriented education ..should attempt to reduce the willingness to use violence in individuals and to reveal and remove the infrastructures which cause violence in human relations at all levels of society and amongst nations. Human rights and an education which has peace as its goal are not a luxury but are at the roots of the mission of an educational institution.. Peace Linguistics is a term which appeared in the 90s for the promotion of peace and human rights at international level and stressed the value of linguistic multilingualism at national and international level. Within this framework, there is a need to create language attitudes which respect the dignity of individual speakers and speech communities (D.Crystal, 1999).
7. Peace does not simply involve the absence of war but includes the concept of peaceful collaboration amongst individuals and groups of different ethnic backgrounds as well as from the same ethnic background. .. Students benefit by learning to collaborate more effectively and by avoiding conflict and violence. Can English Language Teachers rise to these challenges? I believe they can, .Our job, after all, is to teach effective communication skills, and defining our educational objectives in conjunction with peace education objectives is not as difficult as for teachers of other disciplines." Marisa Constantinides Teaching and Practicing Peace in the EFL class http://marisaconstantinides.edublogs.org/2010/09/21/peace-education-and-elt/
8. http://doris3meflcenter.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-face-for- peace-project-fireworks-for.html My Face for Peace Project: Fireworks for Peace http://doris3meflcenter.blogspot.com/2013/03/avatars-for- peace-efl-language-project.html
12. You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9vJTCoKAc8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2jNLt-fEro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixKw8KsRLM
13. Second Life http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/EduNation/48/217/31
14. Resources to teach peace Teaching Peace through Literature and Song (K-2) http://learningtogive.org/lessons/unit156/lesson2.htm l ESL Discussion Questions about Peace & World Peace http://wuxiesl.blogspot.com/2012/12/esl-discussion- questions-about-peace.html Peace and solidarity worksheets http://www.eslprintables.com/vocabulary_works heets/peace_and_solidarity/
15. Dr. Doris Molero University Professor Rafael Belloso Chacin University email@example.com Saeeid Dastmalchian German/Iranian artist www.myfaceforpeace.org