Overview of the Library's resources for Latin American studies. Please see your library subject guide for news, resources and guidance: http://libguides.ncl.ac.uk/sml
Text of Library overview for Latin American Studies
1. MA LAIS: overview of library resources Lucy Keating
2. Where are the language dictionaries? Whats the best starting place to research Latin American cinema? Ive heard there are some good blogs about contemporary Latin America. Where? Ive found some images of the Andes on Google. Can I use them in my assignment? Im looking for archival material about Ecuador The Library doesnt have the book I need. What can I do? Can I really use Twitter to help with my research? A group of us want to watch a DVD in the Library Im going to be abroad. Can I still access books and journals? Where can I find statistics about the Brazilian cinema industry? How can I find contemporary Argentinian newspapers? I need a quick way of locating film reviews How do I include the translators details in a bibliographical reference? Im researching a linguistics topic, but not sure if Im using the right terminology
3. Library Search? Subject guide?
4. Full and mo Explore and discover with LibrarySearch Books, articles and much, much more Full & mobile views
5. Our subject guides are packed with resources, news and guidance
6. Resources to help you Books: print and electronic Articles and papers Historic documents Social media Texts and images online
7. SCONUL access scheme allows access to many other academic libraries Northumbria, Durham, City Library, Lit and Phil Inter library loans for items we dont have in stock Search other library catalogues online Beyond our library..
8. Can't find the books you need for your research? All copies out on loan? Use Books on Time to recommend a book
9. Plan Narrow down Broaden Evaluate Keep ahead Keep on track Explorer Hop on board at the Dissertation Station! libguides.ncl.ac.uk/sacs
10. How will you manage your references? Flickr: (CC-BY-2.0) http://www.flickr.com/photos/matski_98/2966538562/ and (CC -BY-2.0-NC-SA) http://www.flickr.com/photos/shifted/2772264591/
11. A better option. Store and organise references Import references from databases Enter references manually Transfer references into Word Create bibliographies and footnotes Various styles possible
12. Endnote - need to know Where On campus clusters Off-campus via ras.ncl.ac.uk What vX7 (compatible with Word 2007 and 2010) Help Online Guide Workshops and surgeries Email help libguides.ncl.ac.uk/endnote