G. Noel S. OrtegaPrincipal IIMilagrosa Elementary SchoolCarmona, Cavite
Campsite 2, Mt. Pulag, Benguet
Art and science of taking pictures for publication in newspapers and other periodicals.
Communicating with pictures-
Trail going to the Summit of Mt. Pulag
Refer to the reporting of a wide range of subjects and events of public interests, usually for newspapers and magazine through photographs
Raft riding going to Ambon Ambon Falls, Paguil River
Summit of Mt. Maculot, Cuenca, Batangas
1. News Photography to record the external world as it appears.Burnham Park, Baguio City, 2012
2. Documentary Photography used for expressive, interpretative purposes.Gen. Santos City Pier, 2001
3. Commercial Photography used to advertise.Ginataang Kalabasa with Alimango, Caramoan, Cam. Sur
1. Spot refers to breaking news event, unexpected, rapidly changing, newsworthy event of limited durationMt. Pinatubo Eruption, 1991
Sunset at Golden Sunset Beach Resort and Spa, Calatagan, Batangas
Lake Bato Sunrise with part of Mt. Mayon on the background
2. General refers to newsworthy events and subjects that are planned, expected or predictable.Panagbenga 2010, Baguio City
NSPC 2013 Opening, Ormoc City
3. Sports covers the wide range of subjects, including team, individual competitive and personal sports.
Blumen Resort, STCAA 2013
4. Feature photo that is unbound by time. Sometimes called evergreen because it does not fade with season but remain fresh.Cosmos Flower, Sagada, Mt. Province 2009
5. Picture Story it is a set of images that work together to tell a story or explore a subject. Sometimes tell a sequence of events, represent various aspects of a subject-unrelated in time but connected by underlying theme or subject.
Photographs taken to vividly, concretely and dramatically record events and people for the study of history, science and technology, or any other matter of human interest.Sumaguing Cave fossil
Lumpia of Ilocos Sur
Used to encourage and direct consumerism and used and advertisements and illustrations in books, magazines and other publications.Sagada Weaver
Consider these two aspects:
a. Technical aspect
b. Editorial aspectBoatride going to Anawangin Cove, Zambales
Photo is perfect, free from smudges and is clear for publication.
Muddy Trails of Mt. Pulag
Depth of field
1. Composition the arrangement of subject or subjects.Paper Mache Fruits of Paete, Laguna
Vergetable Vendor, Ormoc City
Three Angles of View:Birds viewNormal viewWorms view
Koi Fish in Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna
Native Children of Samal Island, Davao del Norte
Porta Mariae or Our Lady of Penafrancia Commemorative Arch, Naga City Cathedral
Three subject distances:Long shotMedium shotClose-up shot
Anglican Church, Sagada, Mt. Province
Wedding Photo, Paoay Chuch, Ilocos Norte
Flower of Caleruega Forest Garden
2. lightingCaleruega Church, Nasugbu, Batangas
lightingCloudy and Foggy Sky of Bontoc
Villa Escudero, Tiaong, Quezon
3. exposureTent in Burnham Park
4. focusingRock Trail going to Bomod-Ok Falls, Sagada
1. There should be one center of interestCape BojeadorLighthouse,Ilocos Norte
2. Avoid always locating the center of interest at the center.DOLE Pineapple Plantation with Mt. Matutum on the background, Koronadal, So. Cotabato
3. Action should move into the picture, not out of.Playful dog in the moring at Rawis Reef, Puerto Princesa
4. Horizontal lines depict calmness and peacefulnessCaramoan, Cam. Sur
5. Vertical lines show power and stabilityLegaspi City Cathedral
6. Diagonal lines depict motion and dynamismSabang Sea
7. Use contrast to heighten interestLettuces and Tomatoes at La Trinidad Night Market, Benguet
Ponderosa, Puerto Galera, Or. Mindoro
1. Sloping verticals- Strong vertical lines call for careful framing so that they remain parallel to the edges of the frame and thus appear to be uprightWnd Mills at Bangui, Ilocos Norte
2. Sloping horizon Horizontal lines, such as the waterfront, above or horizon should be framed to run parallel to the top of your viewfinder.Boracay, Malay, Aklan
3. Head cut off For a full frame portrait, look beyond the subjects eyes and make sure all the head fits in the frame, and is not cut off.
4. Object obscuring lens Take care your camera strap or finger does not obscure the lens, especially on non reflex cameras where you cannot see this in the frame.
5. Confusing background A distracting background can ruin a portrait, change viewpoint or use shallow focus.
6. Subject too close With a fix focus camera, do not take subjects closer that the minimum focus distance, about 6 ft (2m).
1. Create balance and harmonyPatapat Bridge, Pagudpod, Ilocos Norte
2. Use a natural frameFort San Pedro, Cebu City
Ambuklao Dam, Benguet
Hanging Bridge, Caleruega
Mt. Pico de Loro, Maragondon, Cavite
3. Use shadow as subjectYoung Ita of Cinco Picos, Zambales
4. Photographs interiorMactan, Cebu
5. Expose for happy colorSummit of Mt. Pulag
Butuan City Jeepney
6. Create mood with colorPanagbenga 2010 Balloon Vendor
Street Dancer, Surigao City
7. Photograph flowers in close-up
8. Shoot from above your models eyeYoung Itas, Cinco Picos, Zambales
9. Photograph people at workAling Carmen, Cashew Nut Vendor, Antipolo Church
Vegetable Vendor, Butuan City
10. Shoot candid portraitsChildren Playing, Sagada
11. Photograph natural formCoconuts, Libon, Albay
Native Kitchen, Mt. Manabu, Sto. Tomas, Batangas
12. Use the sky as a backgroundPagudpod Beach
Coconuts, Tagum City 2010
13. Look for patternCaramoan Church
Iwahig Penal Colony, Puerto Prinsesa
14. Focus on architectural designButtresses of Paoay Church
Nasugbu Church, Batangas
15. Look for a different angleSea Urchin Picker, Samal Island, Davao del Norte
Cagsaua Ruins Bellfry, Albay 1997
Vigan, Ilocos Sur
16. Shoot evocative detailsMickey Mouse fruits or Cow Nipple Fruits, South Cotabato
Wild Berry of Mt. Pulag
17. Photograph reflectionsGolden Sunset Resort and Spa Restaurant, Calatagan
It is a happy marriage of aesthetics and mechanics.
1. Catchline one to five word title of the whole caption2. Body the main part of the caption which answers the 5Ws and an H3. Credit the name (pen name) of the photographer
SUN AND SHADOW. A man leads the camel across the dunes of the Kilahara desert, leaving footprints in the sand. Kahlil Masdaf
Katatagan, Kasipagan. Maaga pa lamang ay gising na si Mang Pekto Rosales, 89, upang mangalakal sa kahabaan ng Aguinaldo Highway sa bandang Dasmarinas hanggang Bacoor upang ipantawid buhay ng kanyang limang maliliit na anak. Mahigit isang taon na siyang iniwan ng kanyang asawa dahil sa kahirapan.
Si Bonie, ang alagang bulldog na pitong taong gulang na sa piling ni Aling Soledad na nakapulot dito habang nasa pamilihan. Itinuturing na bayani ng pamilya noong magkakahol isang hatinggabi nang nagsisimulang masunog ang kanilang bahay dahil sa natabig ang kandila.
Mas mainam ang may pinag-aralan, ayokong huminto sa pagpasok, ito ang sabi ni Minerva de Dios, 15, nasa Grade 9 na araw-araw ay naglalakad ng tatlong kilometro mula sa kanilang tahanan patungong Alfonso National High School ang kanyang paaralan.
Alam ang paggamit ng cameraMahusay at matalinoMay arte sa katawanMarunong makipag-usap sa subjectMarunong tumingin sa orasan.
Tiyaking walang laman ang memory card.Tamang espisipikasyon ng kamera ang dapat gamitin lamang.Tiyaking nasa tema lahat ng larawang kukuhanan.Kumuha ng entry shot bago lumabas ng bulwagan at magphoto shoot.Iwasan ang makipag-usap sa coach o adviser habang nagaganap ang photo shooting at caption writing.Bumalik sa itinalagang submission area ng facilitator pagkaraan ng isang oras na pagkuha ng larawan upang i-submit ang mga larawang dapat i-upload.
Entry Shot Si Sir Noel Tema: HALIGI NG KASAYSAYAN AT KAUNLARANRequired Shots : 5May caption? OoIsulat nang malinaw at mababasa ang limang captions sa ISANG typewriting paper. Kuhanan ng larawan at kasamang i-upload.Huwag maglalagay ng anumang identifying mark.Bale 7 larawan ang ia-upload (1 entry shot, 5 required shots at 1 shot ng captions)