Jessica, Irene, Sarah
Embed Size (px)
Text of Jessica, Irene, Sarah
- 1. Story by: William Shakespeare Slideshow by: Irene Tsui, Jessica Yarnes, and Sarah Rhodes
- Shakespeares plays consist of 5 acts.
- The cunning of Diana, the Roman goddess of chastity, the moon, and hunting, who was not interested in men.
- Quote: Shell not be hit with Cupids arrow. She hath Dians wit, And, in strong proof of chastity well armed, From loves weak childish bow she lives uncharmed.
- Quote: At my poor house to behold this night Earth-treading stars that make dark heaven light.
- The priest who marries Romeo and Juliet
- Supplies Juliet with the potion
- Scolded Romeo for being so fickle in love
- When Juliet found out Romeo is banished
- When Juliet found out she had to married Paris
- Juliets parents when they found out Juliet doesnt want to married Paris
- Between Montagues and the Capulets
- Capulets towards their daughter when they found out she doesnt want to marry Paris
- Romeo towards Tybalt after Tybalt killed Mercutio
- Romeo is intrigued with Rosaline at first, then Juliet
- All started with a kiss at the feast
- Quote: you kiss by th book
- Quote: Let lips do what hands do!
- Selected Paris for Juliet
- Makes all of the decisions for the Capulets
- They hate the Capulet family
- Took care of Juliet since she was born
- Was the messenger for Romeo and Juliet
- Where Romeo and Juliet meets
- Where Juliet confirms Romeos love
- Romeo was on a quest to win Rosalines heart at first
- Paris was on a quest to marry Juliet
- Doesnt want to be married
- Romeo compared her with Diana, the goddess of chastity, moon, and hunting.
- Juliet committed fake suicide to get out of the marriage
- Romeo committed suicide when he found out Juliet is dead
- Juliet committed suicide when she found out Romeo is dead
- In Romeo and Juliet, the sides of the story are unbalanced.
- Juliet loves Romeo, but is being forced to marry Paris
- Where the Capulets and the Montagues lives
- Waif: Homeless person; stray animal or thing
- Romeo, being banished, may be homeless/stray
- Literal definition: fear or hatred of foreigners
- Metaphorically speaking, the fear or hatred of the Mantagues and Capulets towards each other as foreign figures.
- Young love symbolizes Romeo and Juliets love in their youth.
- High point of anything, in this case, climax of a story
- In Romeo and Juliet, the zenith, or climax, was when Romeo was banished and Juliet was being forced to accept Paris marriage offer.