ICT Tools for Literacy
Embed Size (px)
- 1. ICT Tools for Literacy Learning ByJenny Deed & Nadine Mackereth
2. The Gloss
3. Scholastic Story Starter
- For juniors that cant type you can print out bank templates.
- Adjustable for all levels
- Very engaging - Exciting way to start a writing lesson.
- Can be adapted to suit what you want eg. Letter writing.
4. Scholastic Story Starter Pick a format for your story. Students may either type their story and print or print the template. 5. fotobabble
- Allows you to record voice onto photos
- -getting students to talk about their artwork
- -explaining a math's strategy
- Reading Comprehension (Teacher Inquiry)
- Pre and post assessments.
- How may words can you think of that contain the blend bl?
- Students answer a question (literal or inferential) about their reader by
- posting their answer on wallwisher.
- Could use wallwisher to brainstorm ideas or words etc.
8. Spelling Animations
9. Kid Pix
- Kid Pix is an artwork / drawing program aimed at children.
- Focus:Fluency, expression, phrasing
- Students record themselves reading their guided book.This could be
- individually or as a group (each read a page).Students illustrate their page
- and put into a slideshow.
- Students then listen to themselves and reflect on their learning intention.
10. Into the Book
- Sheena Camerons strategies
- http://reading. ecb .org/
11. Story Jumper
- Place for students to create and publish their own stories.
- This website includes tutorials.
12. Writing Fun
- -A variety of different levels
- http://www. writingfun .com/writingfun2010.html
- Could use as display lists in your classroom.
- For example:Words to use instead of said etc.
- Students could make a story using all the words in the wordle picture.
- Put the students story into wordle and see which
- words are the largest (this means that they were
- used a lot) therefore this could show their next
- Easi-Speaks lets you record up to 4 hours of audio, then download the files to your computer.
- Simple to use, even for the youngest students!
- Perfect for all kinds of oral language activities, memorization of math facts, digital portfolio assessment, and more
15. Using the Easi-Speaks in Inquiry Learning / Learning Model.
- School Wide Inquiry - Migration
- Year 2-3 Team focused on Bird Migration
- Community Open Day - Students sharetheir inquiry learning with
- parents / family members.
- We had been focusing onasking questions and gathering
- information from various sources.
16. Build Your Wild Self
- Students create a Wild Self picture.
- Use picture to motivate the children with their writing.
- Helps visual learners to structure their ideas.
- I can describe many features of my wild self and explain why I have these features
- and reflect on what it is like to be like that.
- I can describe many features of my wild self and explain why
- I can describe two or more features of my wild self.
- I can describe one feature of my wild self.
- I need help to write about my wild self.