What's all this buzz about Twitter? Learn more about Twitter and how to get started.
- 1.GETTING STARTED ON Brought to you by:
2. What is Twitter?
- Definition:a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows you answer the question, "What are you doing?" by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called "tweets", to your friends, or "followers.
- Twitter is blogging without the hassle!
3. Whats all the fuss about?
- Twitter can help with the following:
- Getting real-time updates and news immediately
- Connect with people who you may have been connected with
- Broadcast real-time updates immediately to your network
4. The Growth of Twitter 3xIncrease! 5. My experience with Twitter 6. What youll be learning today
- Get your Twitter account started
- Understand what people say on Twitter
- Understand how others have used Twitter
- Integrate Twitter with current activities
- Utilize tools to enhance your Twitter experience
7. BASICS 8.
- Choosing a photo (i.e. headshot, logo, etc)
- Find whos already using Twitter
- Follow people youd be interested in
Getting Started on Twitter 9.
- Interesting facts about your industry
- Handling customer service via Twitter
What to Tweet About 10. TERMINOLOGY 11. Twitter Terminology
- Tweets = 140-character updates on Twitter
- Follower =A user interested in your updates
- # = adding a tag to a tweet
- RT = retweeting is sharing tweets with others
- d = direct messages are similar to e-mails
12. @ replies = public conversations
my followers responses: 13. # = hashtags (tagging tweets)
- tweets tagged with #twitterteacher:
14. RT = retweeting tweets
- recent retweets from @daveschappell:
15. EXAMPLES 16.
Business Example: Zappos 17.
- Connecting with a network of virtual reporters
- Presidential Inauguration
News Example: CNN 18.
- Shaquille ONeal (THE_REAL_SHAQ)
- Connecting with fans at a personal level
- Ability to control their brand
- Lance Armstrong (@lancearmstrong)
Personal Example: Shaq 19. INTEGRATION 20.
- Connect it with your text messaging
- Use 3 rdparty applications to tweet
- Use Twitterfeed.com to push your blogs to Twitter automatically
- Connect your tweets with your Facebook Status using the Twitter Application
Integrating Twitter with Life 21. TOOLS 22.
- Twitterific: http://iconfactory.com/software/twitterrific
- Tweetie: http://www.atebits.com/tweetie-mac/
- Tweetdeck: http://www.tweetdeck.com/beta/
Twitter Clients 23.
- TinyURL: http://www.tinyurl.com
- Bit.ly: http://www.bit.ly
- Digg.com: http://www.digg.com
URL Shorteners 24. Question? E-mail: email@example.com Twitter: @teachstreet