Educators everywhere will see a web-based, collaborative, real-time editor, that allows students to simultaneously edit a text document, and see all of the participants' edits in real-time This presentation will further demonstrate and give examples of EtherPad’s ability to create enthusiasm throughout the curriculum in elementary through high school applications.
Text of EtherPad: Energizing and Engaging Classrooms Everywhere
1. Etherpad Energizing and Engaging Classrooms Everywhere by Dean Hook, Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN Jamie Edwards, Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN Amanda Ezell, Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN
2. Collaboration In Life In Curriculum
3. Collaborative Technology How Do we meet their demands?
4. When is the last time you looked out over your class and saw this?
5. Picture small groups of 3-4 students huddled around a learning station not only discussing and writing their ideas on a subject/topic but also seeing realtime responses from other groups.
6. How do we control this canvas?
7. Please shake hands and say hello to Etherpad Soaringabove, anddestroying written collaboration boundaries.
8. Etherpad: What is it?
A true real-time collaboration tool that can engage students visually.
10. Etherpad: A Brief History
Created by Appjet in November 2008
Acquired by Google in December 2009
Software released in 2010
Clones developed with open source software
11. Etherpad's Clones
Type With Me
12. Etherpad: A Sneak Peek
Online Word Processor
Collaboration in real-time
No log in or passwords
Playback and timeline
Import HTML, Word, RTF
Export HTML, Word, PDF
14. Etherpad in Action: Elementary Classroom- Lower Primary
Etherpad can encourage creation of complex sentences among younger students
15. Etherpad in Action: Elementary Classroom- Upper Primary
With Etherpad, students can collaboratively create a written masterpiece.
16. EtherPad in Action: Middle and High School Tips for using EtherPad in the classroom
Put Students in small groups
Create links ahead of time
Teach students about uses for the document area and chat area
Show students how the timeline works
17. EtherPad in Action: Middle and High School
18. Future Uses
EtherPad technology is expanding to Apples iPad
19. Its time to wipe the slate
20. Can we bring interest and enthusiasm back to our writing programs
21. Swimmers in a sea of technology
22. Little Kids - Big Technology
23. Collaborative Technology 24 / 7 360 Degrees
24. We've come a long way...... Etherpad The Missing Link
Picture of pens http://www.recordholders.org/en/records/pens.html
26. Credits antique clock image http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Antique_Clock_Face.jpg Etherpad Clones Article Etherpad dies this week: Here are six great clones by Josh Lowensohn http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20004686-248.html May 11, 2010 12:26 PM PDT