3. ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING Huge Business Organization
Money Manpower Material Machinery Marketing Methods Effective
utilization and optimization of resources
4. Marketing Money Materials Machinery Manpower Methods Finance
Costing Accounts Material Mgmt. Transportation Purchasing Ware
House Marketing Sales Distribution HR Training EHS PPC Production
Maintenance QA Corporate R & D Admin. SCM CRM
5. Finance Costing Accounts Material Mgmt. Transportation
Purchasing Ware House Marketing Sales Distribution HR Training PPC
Production Maintenance QA R & D Admin. SCM CRM
6. Challenges in Optimizing resource utilization for an
Enterprise : Expensive resources. Limited Resources. Geographically
distributed Difficult to track control and co-ordinate the
operations to manage resources.
7. Technology to manage business Computers Software
8. Early days : Best of Breed Approach Plant Ware house Finance
Division Sales Sales Sales Sales Ware house
9. Complex Enterprise Information System
10. A Business Process : Sample Scenario CustomerCustomer
Hindustan Motors (Enterprise) Hindustan Motors (Enterprise) Order :
250 Cars Sales ProcessSales Process
11. CustomerCustomer Hindustan Motors (Enterprise) Order : 250
Cars Cust. Service Sales Office Ware House Shipping Finance 3 days
5 days 5 days 4 days 4 days 2 days 2 days Process Cycle Time : 25
12. CustomerCustomer Hindustan Motors (Enterprise) Order : 250
Cars ERP Shipping Finance Ware HouseSales Office Cust. Service
Process Cycle Time : 20 25 mins
13. ERP Transportation Purchasing Maintenance PPC Production
Ware House Finance Costing HR QA Accounts Training Sales Marketing
Corporate EHS Material Mgmt. R & D Admin. DATABASE Operating
14. How to Implement ERP ? Why ERP ? Which ERP ?
15. How to Implement ERP ?
16. Perform Business Process Analysis. Document the Analysis
and obtain client sign-off. Perform GAP Analysis & Document the
same. Realization (Customize the ERP system). Testing QA Prepare
End-User Manuals / Documentation Provide End-User training GO-Live
Provide post-implementation support Implementation Procedure
17. Which ERP ?
18. BAAN ORACLE APPS NAVISION PEOPLE SOFT MFGPRO ORION SAP
19. Why SAP??
20. SAP Systems, Applications, Products (for Business Data
21. Developed by a company SAP AG established in Germany, in
1972 by five ex-IBM employees. First developed on punch cards. 50
top German industries as clients in 3 years of inception. First
company to focus on providing a software solution for business
process management. No good competitor for more than 18 years.
Product is now 35 years old. Completely developed, needs simple
customization there by enabling rapid implementation
22. Global ERP Market Share 67% 9% 10% 8% 6% SAP People Soft
Oracle Apps Siebel Others SAP
23. SAP is the worlds leading provider of business software
solutions. Today, more than 32,450 customers in over 134 countries
run more than 90,500 installations of SAP softwarefrom distinct
solutions addressing the needs of small and midsize businesses to
enterprise- scale solutions for global organizations. 29 million
users work with SAP every day!!!
24. SAP Advantage: Other ERPs SAP Completely Developed, needs
simple customization Only 30% base functionality Developed