PDF printable users guide for teachers. How to use the englishcentral LMS and invite students and teach using EnglishCentral content for learning English. http://www.englishcentral.com
Text of EnglishCentral Teachers guide
1. TEACHERS GUIDE (see our HELP section for a detailed summary)English Central makes teaching English fun and effective by turning popular web videos intopowerful language learning experiences. EnglishCentral allows teachers to sign up students,select video curriculum, assign goals and track students. Perfect for any blended learning, 21stcentury classroom.
2. 1. Register.It is free and allows you to sign up students. Youll also get access to our powerful TeacherTools.If you already have an account, simply log in.
3. Getting Started2. Create A ClassThe first thing you need to do as a teacher is choose a unique URL for each class. (yourschool is automatically created for you). This will be where your class assigned videosare located. It must consist of only letters and numbers (no spaces).Click Create A ClassEnter your unique URL: Your class nameNote: You cannot change this URL once you have confirmed it.Create additional classes from your Teach dashboard. Simply select, Manage MySchools, Classes and Groups and then select Finally, choose theunique url for that additional class.3. Invite StudentsAfter setting up your unique url and class, you will have to invite students. (also see theInviting Students Guide)You can invite students in two ways.1. Share with them the unique class url.2. Email them an invite using our invite process. Click the Invite Students button.
4. A pop up will appear. Enter all the students email addresses and then click Send.They will receive an invite to your class on EnglishCentral.In both cases, when students click the link/invite and go to that page, they will beenrolled in the class automatically if registered on EnglishCentral.If students are not yet registered, they will be requested to register and then enrolled inthe class after registration is complete. Once enrolled, they will appear in your classroster as officially enrolled.
5. 4. Select Videos for your students.Click and then select videos for your class video channel.
6. 5. Select Goals for your students to reach.Click and then select the weekly goals for your students
7. 6. Measure your student progressEnglishCentral lets you see your student progress on a variety of metrics. Evendownload (export) and print out an excel report.
8. 7. Teacher ToolsTeachers use their teacher tools to manage all aspects of their account. Heres whatit looks like. Find it under your TEACH tab.
9. 8. Your Class ChannelWhen you select videos for your students to study, theyll be on your class videochannel at your unique URL. This is what it looks like.
10. 9. Your Profile PageThis is what your profile page looks like. Change your personal info. and settings. Seeyour progress. Change your account info. and upgrade.
11. 10. Buying Premium SeatsSchools, administrators, teachers and large organizations can purchase Premium Seatsfor their student body or employees at a discounted rate. If you have large numbers ofstudents (300+), please contact us by email at email@example.com .1. Purchase seats on the Teach page. Select Buy Seats on the right of the page.Affiliate the Seats with a School or Class2. Select the school or the class you wish to purchase seats for.3. Choose a plan.4. Select the number of seats you wish to purchase. Note the discounts available.
12. 5. Finally, select the method of payment and complete the purchase. You will now havethat many seats allotted to your school or class account.11. Allocating Premium SeatsTeachers or administrators can allocate Premium seats to individual students. This givesstudents access to Premium features on EnglishCentral, such as vocabulary training andpronunciation training.1. From the Teach page, select Manage My Schools, Classes and Groups2. Select the students to assign or remove seats.3. Select Assign Seat and assign or remove to complete the action.
13. 12. The Teachers ForumUse the Teachers Forum to get answers to any questions.13. Getting HelpLook in our footer for so many other places to get information, connect.Any Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and well behappy to help you out.See our users guide and share it with your students.