1. DEFINING DISTANCE EDUCATION What is distance education? Distance education is a mode of delivering education and instruction, often on an individual basis, to students who are not physically present in a traditional setting such as a classroom.
2. DEFINING DISTANCE LEARNING What is distance learning? a method of studying in which lectures are broadcast or classes are conducted by correspondence or over the Internet, without the student's needing to attend a school or college.
3. DISTANCE EDUCATION OR DISTANCE LEARNING? From our opinion we think that Distance education is different from distance learning because Distance education Distance learning, any course taken outside a classroom environment, may include the use of a number of media to facilitate learning. Because a distance learning class generally does not include a scheduled classroom meeting, the environment differs significantly from the classroom.
4. DISTANCE EDUCATION OR DISTANCE LEARNING? Although distance education is still a transaction between you and the students, the relationship changes. The majority of time and energy during a traditional course is devoted to presenting the content through lectures and demonstrations. In distance learning, much (if not all) of the content is prepared--and in some cases, provided to the students--in advance, and embodied in printed materials, audio or videotapes, Web pages, or other media.
5. EXAMPLE OF OLD TECHNOLOGY MACHINE THAT USING IN EDUCATION Gutenberg who introduced printing to Europe. His invention of mechanical movable type printing started the Printing Revolution and is widely regarded as the most important event of the modern period.
6. EXAMPLE OF NEW TECHNOLOGY MACHINE THAT USING IN EDUCATION The Smart Board is an interactive whiteboard that uses touch detection for user input in the same way as normal PC input devices.