Its a file giving a direction as to HOW TO PRESENT YOURSELF
Text of Art of Presenting yourself
1. Art of Presenting Yourself!!! CA. Deepak Rajdev
2. Need- Modern day managers and professionals routinely come across the situations that demand them to speak / presenting themselves in front of large gathering of people. They might be making a presentation, explaining strategies to their business colleagues, conducting training or simply explaining any subject matter. Thus, presenting yourself amongst others is an important aspect of ones personality.
By the end of the session, you will be able to know:-
Identify the key principles of preparing and delivering a presentation; and
review presentations as a part of the feedback process for continuous improvement.
4. What is the Value of a Presentation???
Provide information to audience.
Gain support on an issue.
Provide forum for focused
5. Types of Presentations-
Formal rollout of significant procedures as set out by HO;
Results of the business; (Stores and Business)
Significant policy changes;
Meetings with Government officials;
Liasoning with various authorities;
Seminars / Conferences
6. Presentation Process- Follow - Up on Next Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Cycle model of a Presentation
7. Plan- Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Purpose Audience Analysis Select Appropriate Media Tools and other arrangements Select Presentation Type
Understanding the purpose is very important and on the basis of the same, one can decide the form:
Entertaining presentation (Not a part of business presentation)
9. Analysis of the Audience
The purpose is to match the presentation type to the Audience One 2 one.
Analysis of the audience is to be made considering their characteristics-
Education & Knowledge;
10. Selecting the suitable type-
Type whatsoever is to be selected should have a definite structure or format with a view to generate the desired result. If the ideas are not well established / defined, the audience will not be able to follow the same.
11. Select Appropriate Media- Media Audience Size One-on- One Small Meeting Medium Meeting Large Meeting Large Audience Paper Copy Flip Charts/ Whiteboard LCD Projectors
12. Tools and other arrangements-
Do one need to organise:
Slide projector and screen?
Music / Speakers?
13. Do- Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Carry Out The Agenda Deliver the Presentation Other attributes Presenting in a timely manner avoiding fear Conduct Audience Analysis Select Appropriate Media Tools and other arrangements Select Presentation Type
14. Carry out the Agenda-
Agenda is the Subject matter for which the whole event or the presentation is being organised / planned. It needs to be defined very clearly and presented initially .
Content should not have too many messages It will bring more clarity and avoid confusion.
Delivery denotes the performance to explain to the intended recipients the subject matter (agenda).
Structure the content into sequential ideas;
Follow INVERTED PYRAMID structure.
Influencing Rapport with the Audience. It includes considering:
Presenters distance with the audience;
Presenters dress code relative to the environment formal OR informal;
Volume of the speaker;
Pace of delivery.
Using slides through the projectors to convey the idea. It includes considering:
Place screen at a convenient place;
Keep slides to a minimum;
Dont overload the slides with lot of information;
Background and layout.
18. Other attributes-
Individual Eye contact is very important
Make eye contact with one member on the audience.
Complete a sentence or thought.
Break eye contact and move to another person.
Timeliness is a must.
19. Other Attributes Fear???
20. Other Attributes Overcome Fear!!!
Recognise your fear;
Visualise your strengths;
Confidence in yourself;
Strategies before the presentation-
Practice beforehand prepare & rehearse;
Get feedback from the colleagues;
Notice and observe the surroundings and make yourself familiar with the same.
21. Review- Planning & Preparation Plan Deliver Performance Do Presentation Feedback Review Carry Out The Agenda Deliver the Presentation Other attributes Presenting in a timely manner avoiding fear Conduct Audience Analysis Select Appropriate Media Tools and other arrangements Select Presentation Type Debrief Immediately Publish next steps Follow - Up on Next Steps Incorporate Benefits and Concerns in Next Meeting Plan Identify Next Steps Identify if Objectives Met Learn from Others Next Steps Next Steps Next Steps Next Steps
22. Reviewing the Presentation-
Identify the next steps to be taken.
Did you achieve your objective?
Seek feedback from the audience on message/style.
Define what worked well/not so well.
Agree and record what you would have to follow in the future.
Learn from others.
Introduction Talking about what you are going to tell them;
Body / Content - Tell them;
Summary Talking about the GIST of the session i.e what you have already told them.
24. Issues/Discussion? You can contact at 98276 33797 OR mail at rajdev [email_address]