4. Chichen Itza.Chichen Itza, found in Yucatan, Mexico, is alarge archeological site that represents whatremains of one of the main focal points of theMayan civilization. The site is consist of dozens ofstone buildings, many of which were beautifullyrestored. Chichen Itza is considered one of the 7wonders of the world.1. Scan the text and find theCOGNATES.
5. Christ the Redeemer. Rio de Janiero,Brazil.
6. Christ the RedeemerThe Christ the Redeemer statue found in Rio deJaniero, Brazil, is considered an importantsymbol of Christianity. The statue is located inTijuca Forest National Park and stands overCorcovado Mountain. The Christ the Redeemerstatue stands over 38 metres high and isconsidered the tallest statue representation of thisimage in the world.1. Scan the text and find theCOGNATES.
7. The Coliseum. Rome, Italy.
8. The ColiseumThe emperor known as Vespasian began constructionaround 70 AD and it was not completed until 80 AD,when Titus was ruler. Originally designed to hold over80,000 spectators, the Coliseum was the site ofseveral gladiator contests, executions and theatricalperformances. Despite having suffered severe damagefrom earthquakes and weather, the Coliseum is stillone of the most visited tourist attractions in all ofRome.1. Scan the text and find theCOGNATES.
9. The Great Wall of China. China
10. The Great Wall of ChinaThe original Great Wall of China was originally built toprotect the borders of China from attacks throughoutthe years between the 5th century BC and the current16th century. Believe it or not, there was more thanone Great Wall of China, each built in a differentarea and by a different emperor. The Great Wall wasbuilt over the course of centuries and is over 4,000miles long. It begins in Shanhaiguan and ends in LopNur.1. Scan the text and find theCOGNATES.
11. Machu Picchu. Urubamba, Per.
12. Machu PicchuMachu Picchu, also known as The Lost City of theIncas, rests on a mountain ridge in the UrubambaValley over 8,000 feet above sea level. The city wasoriginally built back in the year 1.460 and wasconsidered one of the main symbols of the Inca Empire.It was abandoned during the Spanish conquest andlegend says the land was forgotten until 1911 when itwas rediscovered by an American historian known asHiram Bingham. The site is now one of the most visitedtourist attractions in Peru.1. Scan the text and find theCOGNATES.
13. Petra. Jordan
14. PetraOn the slopes of Mount Hor in the Arabah section ofJordan you will find Petra. The site is considered oneof the most spectacular architectural attractions in theworld, with each building cut directly into themountain wall. Both the interior and exterior artworkis surprising. The site wasnt discovered until 1812. Itwas built as a mausoleum where the Mughal Emperorknown as Shah Jahan was to bury his wife MumtazMahal.1. Scan the text and find theCOGNATES.
15. The Taj Mahal. Agra, India.
16. The Taj MahalThe Taj Mahal is a white Marble mausoleum located inAgra, India. It was built by Mughal emperor ShahJahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal.The construction of the Taj Mahal began in 1632 andwas not completed until 1653, 21 years later. Thebuildings architecture draws from not only Mughalstyles but also Ottoman, Islamic, Persian, and more.Visitors from around the world flock to Agra to see thedomed marble ceiling and spectacular artistic quality.1. Scan the text and find theCOGNATES.
17. NOW ANSWER:1. Which of these wonders is your favourite?2. Which of these wonders would you like tovisit the most?
18. NEVER FORGET:If you can dream it, you can do it!