2. WG3 Remit Overarching objective: To design innovative approaches to transformative learning by integrating research, campus operations, and/or civic engagement projects. Cross-cutting topics: Innovation; collaboration; metrics; scalability. Deliverables: Ideas for resources including learning environments and tools that can be shared across Universities. One resource will be chosen for further development.
3. Agenda Part I. Innovative approaches to transformative learning - Cases 14.00 Welcome and introductions 14.10 University as stage for transformative learning (Ariane Knig, University of Luxembourg & Nancy Budwig, Clark University) 14.20 Student-perspectives on transformative learning opportunities (Ulrich Scharf, Rootability) 14.30 Integrated Sustainability Academia University of Siena (Angelo Riccaboni, University of Siena) 14.40 Q&A and discussion
4. Part II Issues discussed: Co-creation of learning tools II.1. What are challenges and criteria for success of programmes for transformative learning? Include thoughts on the design of spaces in which the project took place. II.2. What are priority topics? What aspects of such tools might be scalable or transferable? Closure discussion on resources ISCN could provide to its members to facilitate implementation of transformative learning programmes.
5. WG3: Key Outcomes Prevailing view in our group that transformative learning is central to integrating research, learning and civic engagement. Struggle to embedded complex systems thinking in practice-based problems. Institutional frameworks, structures and processes to support transformational learning programmes matter. ISCN 2014 | Pushing Boundaries
6. Key outcomes II The importance of spaces for surfacing value-conflicts and discussions on ethical considerations in practice based problems. Approaches to engagement of participants are key. Student-led approaches to transformation of campus and self are usefully structured around reporting and organisational metrics. Evaluation transformational learning are difficult. ISCN 2014 | Pushing Boundaries
7. WG3: Goals for 2014/2015 Explore to crowd source a resource with the ISCN community (and possibly beyond). Continued from last year: complete a special issue with 15 case studies of diverse approaches to transformative learning across the globe. ISCN 2014 | Pushing Boundaries