Text of V-Carve Assignment #2 - V-Carve ¢â‚¬â€œ Assignment #2 Mr....
V-Carve – Assignment #2
Mr. Ostoforov Revised March 6th, 2018 V-Carve Assignment #2.docx
Assignment #2 - Inlay
You are to create a project that utilizes the CNC inlay process. You are
encouraged to use and modify your design from Assignment #1 or your cutting
board if you are planning on using inlays. There are two types of inlays
techniques (Auto-Inlay and V-Carve) that are very different, so selecting the right
one for your project is important (talk to me if unsure before starting). To help get
you started I have provided some useful videos on my website under Resources /
CNC Resources / Assignment #2 Tutorial Videos 1 & 2.
Note: The V-Carve technique will require you to create Male and Female file.
• Max Dimensions are 14” by 14” by 1” thick
• Text and/or Graphic Image
• Include an appropriate number tabs for safe cutting
• Appropriate tool paths to create a unique look:
o Tool bit Options include: End Mills, V-Bits, and Ball Nose
• Bonus (textured background)
Need help getting started, Google “V-Carve Inlay” for lots of ideas!
• Save your file using the following notation:
• Add this file to the Assignment #2 – Inlay folder located on OneDrive (see
link on my website near top left corner on the CNC Resources Page)