TITIKSHA PUBLIC SCHOOL
CLASS - X
1. How does the story Two Gentlemen of Verona promise hope for the society?
2. Imagine Lucia is fully cured of tuberculosis and is out of hospital. She receives a letter
from one of her old friends as to how she passed her life and how she got well. Write a reply
to this letter to Lucias friend Emily in about 150 words.
3. Imagine Mrs Packletide writes her diary. She writes it after her tiger hunt as to how she
stood blackmailed by Louisa Mebbin and why she wont indulge in big-game shooting.
Write this diary page on her behalf in not more than 150 words.
4. Is it right for Mrs. Packletide to shoot a tiger only to outshine her rival Loona Bimberton?
What lesson does the whole incident teach you?
5. The nightingale has scaled the heights of success. But now the audience is dwindling, the
frog is unhappy and reprimands her all the time. She is mentally and physically exhausted
and fears failure. As the nightingale, write a diary entry highlighting her fears and analyzing
the reasons for her failure.
6. In the world of art, it is not enough to have just talent, you also need to know how to
exploit it successfully. Comment on this statement with reference to the poem, The Frog
and the Nightingale.
7. In me she has drowned a young girl. Why does the mirror say this?
8. Imagine you are the mirror. Write a speech that you would like to deliver to the humans
who come to see their reflection in you. You could begin like this.
Good morning dear humans
I feel honoured to have been given the opportunity to express my feelings and share my
thoughts with you. As you know, all my life is spent in faithfully reflecting all that comes
before my eyes.
9. Traditionally old people are respected in India, signified by the touching of their feet by
the younger generation. But the present scenario is quite different. More children are leaving
their parental homes to set up their own.
Why are old people harassed and abandoned? What should be done to improve their lot?
10. Was grandfather entirely right in moving away from his daughters? Why/Why not? If
you had been in place of the grandfather, what would you have done? What values would
you have focussed on?
11. What role does the diary play in Annes life? How does writing diary help Anne during
her confinement in The Annexe?
12. Write two sides of Annes personality. Why did she call herself Little Bundle of
13. From her entries of May 1944, one finds that Anne has a lot of emotional ups and downs.
Do you agree? Elaborate.
14. Anne experienced racism till her death in the concentration camp. Do you agree?
15. What is Food Cycle? What does Anne write about it in her diary?
16. Write a brief pen portrait of Peter Van Daan as described by Anne in her diary.
17. Write the character sketch of Anne Frank.
18. What does Anne write in her diary of 22 January 1944? Is she philosophical in her
19. I cant be unhappy when there is the sun and the sky. Explain.
20. Why does Anne remark, Together we could drive away your loneliness and mine?
All questions to be attempted in a separate notebook.
Ques. 1-10 must be attempted after reading the chapters of literature reader
Ques. 11-20 must be attempted after reading the long reading text- The story of a
young girl by Anne Frank.
Attempt the given questions in the homework notebook.
1. What is an electric circuit?
2. Define electric current. What is the conventional direction of electric current?
3. How do we measure electric current in an electric circuit?
4. Define electric potential. How is it measured in a circuit?
5. How much energy is required to move a charge of 5c between two points having a
potential difference 1OV?
6. A current of 1.2 A is drawn from a cell for 2 minutes. Calculate the charge drawn from the
7. Draw an electric circuit having a battery of 6v, two resistors 2 & 3 connected with a
key & an anameter?
8. By using Ohms law, define one Ohm.
9. The potential difference across a resistor of resistance 6 is 150 v. Calculate the current
passing through the resister.
10. The wire of a heater has a resistance of 70 . If a current of 5 A is passing through it
then calculate the potential difference across the wire.
11. Why does a conductor heats up when a current is flowing through it? Explain.
12. An electric bulb is rated as 220 v, 100 W. What is the power consumed when it is
operated on 200 v?
1. Translate the following chemical reactions into chemical equations. Balance them and
state the type in each case:-
a) Barium chloride solution reacts with sodium sulphate to give barium sulphate and
sodium chloride solution.
b) Hydrogen sulphide gas burns in air to give water and sulphur dioxide.
c) Zinc reacts with sulphuric acid to give zinc sulphate and hydrogen gas.
d) Lead nitrate on heating gives lead oxide, nitrogen dioxide and oxygen gas.
e) Magnesium burns in air to give magnesium oxide.
2. A white coloured powder was mixed with water, hissing sound were observed with large
amount of heat energy. The resulting solution was used for white washing purposes by the
Read the passage and answer the following questions:-
a) Name the white powder used.
b) Name the type of reaction taking place.
c) Write down the chemical equation involved.
d) Explain the chemistry involved in using the solution obtained for white washing
e) What are the values associated with it.
3. Give an example of a chemical reaction which is decomposing and exothermic in nature.
4. Silver chloride on expose to sunlight turns grey. Explain the observation with the help of
chemical equation involved.
5. What are double displacement reactions? Why they are called precipitation reactions. Give
an example where precipitate forms with change in colour.
6. Give examples of reactions where these following features are associated:-
i) Change in colour
ii) Formation of precipitate
iii) Evolution of gas
iv) Change of state
7. Corrosion is a necessary evil of our daily life. Comment on the statement in not more than
8. Photolysis of water is an essential step in the process of photosynthesis. Comment on the
type of reaction and its nature.
9. Prepare a list of food items containing oil or fat and record your observation with respect
to time taken by them to become rancid.
(Use of photographs of rancid items will be preferred)
10. Discuss about the preservative measures for the check of corrosion and rancidity with
your neighbours. Make a report on their response to this innovative task.
1. Name the various heterotrophic mode of nutrition.
2. Why plants appear green in colour?
3. Name the various digestive glands associated with human digestive system. Also give the
name of secretion of these glands along with their function.
4. Enumerate the events that occur during the process of photosynthesis?
5. Transpiration is a necessary evil. Justify the statement by highlighting the harmful and
useful aspects of this process.
6. Draw a labelled diagram of cross section of a leaf
7. Draw a labelled diagram of human alimentary canal.
8. Describe an experiment to show that carbon dioxide is essential for photosynthesis.
9. Explain the process of nutrition in amoeba with the help of well labelled diagram.
10. Draw a well labelled diagram to show open and close stomatal pores. State the function
11. Draw a neat and labelled diagram of human respiratory system.
12. Bile juice does not contain any enzyme but it is essential for digestion. Justify the
13. How are the fats digested in our body? Where does this process take place?
14. How dental caries are caused?
15. Which is the largest digestive gland in the human body? What is the name and function
of its secretion?
16. Which protein digestion enzyme is present in pancreatic juice?
17. Name the digestive enzyme present in saliva.
18. Name the factors which affect photosynthesis.
19. How do the guard cells regulate opening and closing of stomatal pores?
20. Distinguish between breathing and respiration.
1. What was the Sri Lankan model of power sharing? How was the model adopted?
2. How has the power been divided between Central and the State government in India?
3. Why are developmental goals different for different people? Give three examples to
support your answer.
4. Indiscriminate use of resources has led to numerous problems. What are those
5. Who are indentured labours? What values are overlooked in engaging people as
6. Discuss the constitutional amendments of 1992 regarding decentralisation of power.