1. Time Management, Multi-Tasking & Other Myths Presented by Thomas L. Willis, PCAM Zalco Realty, Inc./Association Bridge, LLC WMCCAI Manager Luncheon Program January 29, 2013
2. This is about introspection this is aboutmindset more than skillset this is aboutanalysis this is about CHANGE Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies. - Robert Kennedy
3. When all is said and done Myths? Planning the Work Working the Plan When Work Actually WorksFor You Yes You Can!
4. Myth #1 - You Can Manage TimeReady.GO!
5. Myth #2 - You CANT Management Time (Events)Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.(Thank you, Gary Larson)
6. Its a brave new day!PLANNING THE WORK
7. How do you know what you are going to dotoday?
8. Prioritized Task List Oh decisions, decisions Whats important? Chronological factors Weeklies, monthlies & other periodic tasks (wanna stay out of trouble?) Time blocks > creating milestones When do I plan to plan? Means & methods
9. Prioritized Task List Why??
10. Greatnow the day actually startsWORKING THE PLAN
11. Working the planThis is this when mediocre managers give up andgenerally tell me I am full of certain organicmatter.Photo Credit: Adam Tinsworth
12. External Obstacles Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans. -John Lennon
13. External Obstacles Managers Quiz: Which law has the greatest impact in the way we do our business? a. Federal Law b. County/City Ordinances c. Condominium/HOA/POA Acts d. Case Law e. Murphys Law
14. External Obstacles When stuff happens, the excellent manager practices the art of reprioritization while remembering that the important things are rarely urgent, and urgencies are rarely important.
15. Internal ObstaclesThe hard truth is
16. You dont have time?Tasks are not necessarily static
17. Attitude may not be everything, but it suremakes a difference!"If you think you can, or if you think you cant, either way, youre right." -Henry Ford
18. Can you save time by increasingproductivity? Of course you can Think of time in terms of blocks Single Handling Concept Think efficiencies all the time seconds>minutes>hours Beware of Myth #5
20. A plethora of tips & strategies No, Im not going to put them on a slide. That would be too much like PowerPoint Bullet Hell. You really should write them down so you can make them your own anyway.
21. A plethora of tips & strategies Myth #6 It is more effective to work long blocks of time and even cut back on sleep to get things done. Myth #7 You have to stay tethered to your electronics to be responsive
22. This is the really cool partWHEN WORK REALLY WORKS FOR YOU
23. Want to actually make these happen?Weaving your values and goals intoeveryday life turns your dreams intorealities
24. How many people are you?A segmented life leads A unified life mitigatesto inner conflict inner conflict
25. Reality of allowing urgencies to rule
27. You want some more why? This year has the potential to be the best year of your life. Time does not care about you. It is constant. It is relentless. Own your life. Add value to time. Add quality to time. Only you can do this. Of course you can do it.
28. THANK YOU for your time today. I sincerely hope you consider it an investment.I would love to hear how any of the things we shared together today may have worked for you. Please feel free to connect with me and keep the dialogue going. Thomas L. Willis, PCAM email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: http://on.fb.me/muilto Twitter: @ideaguypcam Linkedin: http://linkd.in/sxLgws Tomasuarus Rex Blog: http://thomaslwillis.blogspot.com/