Remote Desktop Access Guide for Mac
OS X Lion (and Above)
Your own Apple ID
Microsoft Remote Desktop app
MSCA Remote Access Privileges
You will need to download the Microsoft Desktop app from the Mac App Store which is a
free download. If you already have the app installed you can skip to Setting up the Remote
Desktop app of this document otherwise follow the steps below to download and install
1. Open the App Store program on your Mac.
2. In the top right of the App Store window, search for remote desktop
3. Look for the red Microsoft Remote Desktop icon, click on the free button (it will
change to a green install app button) then click on it again.
4. Enter your Apple ID details and click Sign In.
Note: The Apple ID is not provided by MSC, it would be your own personal Apple ID
that you would have set up previously.
5. The app will begin to download and install
Setting up the Remote Desktop app
1. Open Microsoft Remote Desktop
2. Click on Preferences
3. Click on the + icon at the bottom left of the Preferences window
4. Enter the following details:
Gateway name: msc
User name: mscau\yourUsername (e.g. mscau\adrianw)
Or mscnz\yourUsername (e.g. mscnz\adrianw)
5. Then click on the red circle in the top left to close this window.
6. Click on the New button and an Edit Remote Desktops window will appear.
7. Enter the following details to connect to the Australian Remote Desktop Farm:
Connection name: AURDFARM
PC name: AURDFARM (NZRDFARM is the name to connect to NZ)
Credentials: You dont need to enter these details now, but you can if you want.
User name: mscau\yourUsername
The rest of the settings is personal preference, but you can refer to the picture
below to see how Ive set mine up.
8. Click on the red circle to exit the window.
9. Double click on the newly setup connection in the Remote Desktop app window.
10. Log in to the farm as per normal.
Note: If you see the following window, click Connect Always.