1. CARTOGRAPHICAL TOOLS Cartographical tools are one of the most important tools on Earth. They help us find places. They show us Earth's mountains and oceans. There are 4 important cartographical tools: MAP GLOBE PLANE WORLDMAP
2. CARTOGRAPHICAL TOOLS WORLDMAP PLANE MAP GLOBE
3. CARTOGRAPHICAL TOOLS To read a map, you need to understand its different parts. First part of a map its the TITLE. The title tells you what the map is showing. COLOMBIANS MAP A COMPASS ROSE helps you find direction. A simple compass rose may look like a star. At the ends of the corners the four CARDINAL DIRECTIONS would be listed. They are north, south, east, and west. The top corner would point to the top of the map, which is north. The bottom corner points south to the bottom of the map.
4. CARTOGRAPHICAL TOOLS The next important part of the map is the symbols. Symbols are the points, lines, and patterns that are listed in the map key. The key is a box located in one of the bottom corners of the map.
5. CARTOGRAPHICAL TOOLS TITLE TITLE MAP KEY COMPASS ROSE AND CARDINAL DIRECTIONS
6. NATURAL AND CULTURAL LANDSCAPES LANDSCAPE IS EVERYTHING AROUND US; TREES, MOUNTAINS, STREETS, ETC. THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF LANDSCAPES: CULTURAL LANDSCAPE: IS THE SPACE THAT HAD BEEN TRANSFORMED BY HUMANS NATURAL LANDSCAPE: IS THE SPACE THAT HASNT BEEN TRANSFORMED BY HUMANS
7. NATURAL AND CULTURAL LANDSCAPES CULTURAL LANDSCAPE NATURAL LANDSCAPE MAIN USES OF THE SOIL
8. COLOMBIANS NATURAL REGIONS Because of its natural structure, Colombia is divided into five natural regions. These consist of the Andean region, covering the three branches of the Andes mountains in Colombia; the Caribbean region, covering the area adjacent to the Caribbean sea; the Pacific region adjacent to the Pacific Ocean; the Orinoquia region, part of the Llanos plains mainly in the Orinoco river basin along the border with Venezuela; and the Amazon region, part of the Amazon rainforest
9. COLOMBIANS NATURAL REGIONS CARIBBEAN ORINOQUIA PACIFIC ANDEAN AMAZON