makes a major contribution towards getting concrete into the desired ‘form’ - in an economical way.
• EUR 394 Million Doka Group is spreaded in more than 35 countries of world .
L & T-ECC in association with DOKA:
1985 Collaboration with M/s Doka of Austria
1986 Fabrication of steel components through vendors commenced
1990 Production of timber beams at Chennai commenced
1991 Marketing of formwork systems to external clients
1997 Dedicated factory set up at Pondicherry for manufacture of steel components
2000 1) Timber beam production facility at Chennai shifted to Pondicherry
2) New line added for timber beam production to enhance capacity
MERITS OF L&T DOKA!!!!!!• Simplicity in assembly of system. • The system is flexible, easy to understand
and versatile. • can be made suitable for all applications,
requires little working skill and helps to achieve uniformly good quality of finish.
• high labor and material productivity with speed and safety.
• Investment need may be made on the minimum quantity of formwork.
• More no. repetitive usage. • Greater life span and less labor requirement.• Able to resist more lateral pressure of liquid
concrete.• Less chance of burglary & misuse due to
heavy weight & large size.• Easily modifiable as compare to steel
formwork.• accurate, safe and speedy construction
DEMERITS OF L&T DOKA !!!• High initial investment.• would be handicapped
without tower crane.• Require more mechanized
setup at site.• Handling and placing is very
difficult, it requires separate shade to store them.
• In house training require to increase labor efficiency.
• Proper storage space is required when job is over
NEED FOR “SYSTEM”FORMWORK?• Vertical growth• Traditionally under mechanized &
labor intensive.• Excessive use of reinforced
cement concrete.• High quality surface finishes for
exposed R.C.C work• Acute shortage of highly skilled &
competent formwork carpenter.• Modular panel with high flexibility
LOADS AND DESIGN• Density of concrete • Slump of concrete • Rate of pour • Method of discharge • Concrete temperature • Vibration • Height of discharge • Dimensions of sections cast • Reinforcement detail • Stiffness of forms • Transfer of loads from floor to floor during constructionShuttering area of 3 to 5 sq m. is required for placing 1 cu.m of
concrete and formwork therefore contributes a major factor in the cost, this being 25% to 70% of the total cost.
H-BEAM: BACKBONE OF L&T DOKA SYSTEMH-BEAM: BACKBONE OF L&T DOKA SYSTEM• An engineered timber component• Manufactured under strict quality control. • The flanges are made of seasoned
chemically treated timber. The web is made of boiling water proof plywoodboiling water proof plywood and joined with the flange by unique finger joint.
• H–beams are light, dimensionally stable and retain their structural properties over a period of time even after repeated usage.
• The H – beams can be used more than 100 times and it consumes only 40% of timber volume required.
• H-16 (16 cm depth) and H-20 (20 cm depth), length varying from 1m to 4m. – Reduces consumption of timber – Minimizes work at site – Consistent in strength.– Cost ratio per use of H-16 beam to
conventional timber = 1: 3.5 – Economical and long-lasting.