Organise a Photo BoothORGANISE A PHOTO BOOTH
On 10 October we want everyone to wear something yellow. Whether you choose
a subtle splash of colour or dress like sunshine from head-to-toe, what better
way to mark #HelloYellow than creating a photo booth in your school to support
children and young people’s mental health on World Mental Health Day!
Follow these five easy steps to organising a photo booth
1. Find an area in your school to create a photo booth for the entire day – you may
want to fill it with our #HelloYellow bunting (youngminds.org.uk/hy-resources) or just find
anything and everything that’s yellow.
2. Print your photo booth props below and feel free to use your own props too, as long as there
is a splash of yellow in there of course!
3. Ask your students to drop by, donate £1 to take part and take selfies galore for
4. Make sure you share these photos on the day. Tag us @YoungMindsUK on social media and
don’t forget to use the #HelloYellow hashtag.
Want to raise even more? Follow these steps for additional ways to say #HelloYellow
1. Ask your class to decorate yellow collection jars, place on your classroom desk or at reception
and ask everyone to donate their spare change.
2. Make it a competition! The jar with the most donations is the winner.
3. You could organise a #HelloYellow bake sale and get everyone together to show off their
baking skills. You can use our bake sale guide here: youngminds.org.uk/hy-resources
Most importantly, we want you to enjoy the day, so have fun!