Mohandas gandhi and nelson mandela
- 1. Mohandas Gandhi and Nelson Mandela By Justin Schaub
- 2. Mohandas Ghandi
- Was born October 2, 1869.
- Believed in absolute non-violence. Violence does not show the people the error in their ways.
- Believed in being pure. Ridded himself of world pleasures to be pure.
- Did not want a two state solution, but caved into to secure the Muslim vote.
- Was assassinated on January 30 th , 1948.
- 3. Nelson Mandela
- Was born July 18 th , 1918.
- Spent a large amount of his time in jail.
- Was very diplomatic, understood had to talk to all types of people and mediate.
- Believed in peaceful demonstrations and protest.
- Very good speaker, used all opportunities to get his world out.
- 4. Similarities
- Both Ghandi and Mandela were lawyers. This went onto help both of them in their lives.
- Both believed in non-violent protest.
- Ghandi attempted to make changes in South Africa before Mandela was a born.
- Mandela looked up to Ghandi and used the history to help mold his opinion.
- 5. Works Cited