• CMG is a strategy consulting and advisory company with focus on Smart Grids, Smart Utilities, Smart Cities and Smart Buildings.
• We are experts in Energy, Water, Transportation, IoT, Telecommunications, and Software marketsand technologies.
• Our consulting services include the development of Corporate Strategy, Branding & MarketingStrategy, White Papers, Reports, Assessments, Gap Analysis, Benchmarking, Designs, Architectures,Roadmaps, Use Cases, Business Models, Business Cases, Marketing Programs, MarketDevelopment, Channel Development, Go-to-Market Plans, IT/OT Management, IT Strategy, OTStrategy, Product Innovation, Funding Strategy, and M&A Strategy.
We have built a knowledge library with 500 use cases and developed 18 frameworks
New technologies and business models are by their very nature disruptive.
Proactive organizations have the ability to capture value from the disruptions, and minimize the impact to their employees.
Picking the right battles is an important first step.
Change management for your employees and ecosystems is always a key to success.
• “Genius is making complex ideas simple, not making simple ideas complex” – Albert Einstein
• “Remember that life's greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes” – Unknown
• There is no such thing as a turnkey project for any project worth doing
• Without the right team you’re not going anywhere
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA
• A common system will improve results without changing processes
• Look at how well this Excel sheet helps the process
Tools by themselves, add costs, they don’t solve problems
Digital Reality Check
• The Digital Economy is $3 trillion / all generated in last 20 years• Today’ top 5 most valuable companies are digital, in 2000 it was 1
of 5• To be a successful business in 3-5 years will require being digital• Many organizations struggle to compete in the digital worldDigital Advantages Customer / Market understanding Product / Service development Manufacturing performance Industry 4.0 Supply chain optimization
Your organization cannot afford to not embrace Digital
Haser Consulting can guide you on your digital journey
Digital Transformation- Optimize and adopt new business models- Selection of new solution- Rapid deployment
Haser Consulting creates confidence and speed through every step of your digital journey
Digital means exposing your data and processes to the world.Are you ready to reveal them?
Prerequisites• Underlying IT competency• Lean defined business processes• Clear vision of competitive focus areas• Effective partnering• Holistic approach to shifting business models• Continuous improvement mindset• Learning organization• Effective security program
You must get the basics right first, before you embrace new digital models
We’re your partners in clearing the barriers
Understanding IT Performance Objectives Service Catalog• Speed, availability, redundancy• Security• Solution completeness• Global leverage
• IT Business Partners• Foot in both camps• Business model thought leader• Understanding of current and future technology
• Enterprise Architects• Understand capabilities and constraints of current landscape• Intimately familiar with emerging technology• Ability to speak in business value terms
• Business Leaders• Clear strategic vision• Open to new approaches• Realistic expectations on what it takes to succeed
Outcome is an evergreen IT roadmap and project portfolio
Finding the Intersection
Technology Tools How do you Want to Compete• Operational Excellence• Customer Intimacy• Technology Leadership• Data Monetization• Product customization• Lifecycle services• Product as a service• Asset-less providers
3D PrintingVirtual Reality
Successful organizations must match the right technology
with the right business models
Delivering Results at the Intersection of ‘Management Systems’ and ‘Leading People’
• Develop an organizational roadmap? What are your current gaps? What new capabilities are required by your technology roadmap? What capabilities will not be required going forward? What will be built internally / purchased externally
• Link development plans to organizational roadmapConfirm interest in new rolesAddress capability gaps required for next roleTie to training plans and budgets
Current Positions Incumbent 12/31/18 Positions Candidate(s) 12/31/19 Positions Candidate(s) 12/31/20 Positions Candidate(s) Date Note
Data Service Lead EU Xxxx Xxxxxx Data Service Lead EU Xxxx Xxxxxx Data Service Lead EU Xxxx Xxxxxx Data Service Lead EU Xxxx Xxxxxx NA
Data Service Lead NA Xxxx Xxxxxx Data Service Lead NA Xxxx Xxxxxx Data Service Lead NA Xxxx Xxxxxx Data Service Lead NA Xxxx Xxxxxx NA
Data Service Lead AP Open Data Service Lead AP Open Data Service Lead AP Zzzz Zzzzzzz Data Service Lead AP Zzzz Zzzzzzz 6/1/2019 Move from Business
BI Solution Lead Open BI Solution Lead TBH BI Solution Lead TBH BI Solution Lead TBH 12/15/2018 External Hire
Cobal Programmer Xxxx Xxxxxx Cobal Programmer Xxxx Xxxxxx Not Required Not Required 9/30/2019 Retire MF in 2019
Dimensions for Key Drivers of Engagement
Growth & Development
What Is Driving Engagement in IT?
• Communication• Clarity on priorities • Understanding Tenneco Vision• Cascading the Message• CIO Town Halls
• Recognition• Peer Recognition – Kudos• Team Meetings – AOP provided for team get togethers
• Growth & Development• Build out employee curriculum• Online training materials
Seven Leadership Skills You Need to Drive Results
1. Commit Leadership First Everything Else Second
2. Lead Differently Than You Think
3. Embrace Your Softer Side4. Forge Right Relationships, Drive
Right Results5. Master Communications6. Inspire Others7. Build People Not Systems