1. I have been using visuals since mycommunications career began -- rst as a photojournalist, L-R from top: Visual Studies presentations judge; attack on guest speaker; cleaning Museum dinosaur; Ram Dass and Timothy Leary exit anniversary; caring for research monkey; Phi Beta Kappa at Memorial Hall; Bishop Desmond Tutu speaking against apartheid; Kermit the Frog delivering Class Day address Life in the Big Pond.
2. then as an administrator, developing visual strategies best suited for a specic time, situation, and audience. I was about to be arrested in China for carrying a suspicious package until it produced the rst Polaroid picture these airport guards had ever seen.
3. I continue to conceive and implement visual concepts, especially to promote teaching, because some things take too long to explain...From Learning, following a fourth grade class.
4. ...or are more powerful left unsaid.10th anniversary of school desegregation and forced busing in Boston.
5. What inspires me to work in education communications is sharing the sense of wonder at the core of learning: Pondering the cosmos at a rooftop observatory.
6. the curiosity that inspires students to explore depths never before imaginedUnderwater view of the NCAA Diving Championships
7. on a journey to nd out who they might ultimately become. Harvard Law School student Barack Obama elected editor of the Harvard Law Review.
8. Joe WrinnCommunications Counselor to Higher Education contact: email@example.com