The Preshal Trust – Caring for Families
Hours of Work:-
35hrs per week
£26,000 – £28,300 plus 6% Pension Contribution
Preshal Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Purpose:- To provide operational, day-to-day management of the Preshal Centre and lead a team of staff delivering family services.
Duties and Responsibilities of Post:-
· Working closely with the CEO provide line management responsibilities including facilitating recruitment, inductions, support & supervision sessions, appraisals and work plans.
· Oversee and facilitate the operational management including programme planning and development, maintenance matters, health & safety, monitoring & evaluation, data protection, policies and procedures, systems and procedural matters.
· Facilitate partnership working, along with the Preshal CEO, to interact with local agencies and promote the work of The Preshal Trust.
· Support the Preshal employees in job development including facilitating team meetings and training days as required.
· Facilitate consultation with service users and ensure that their evaluation of the Preshal service provision is used in planning and assessment.
· When needed provide hands on support to the Day Centre.
· Support the CEO with other management duties and deputise for the CEO as required.
· Communicate effectively with colleagues, partnerships, networks, groups and service providers.
· Ensure all safeguarding measures and procedures are followed at all times.
· Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety measures, Equal Opportunities objectives, and anti discriminatory practices are implemented and adhered to.
· Assist with funding applications and other fundraising activities as required.
· Along with the CEO represent the Project in the community, city wide and nationally; including conferences, meetings and giving presentations about the work.
· Participate in general office duties, staff meetings, events and activities.
· To consult and co-operate with the CEO and the Preshal Board, providing regular reports both written and verbal and attend Board meetings.
· Attend relevant training/development opportunities.
· Reflect on and develop own practice in consultation with the CEO.
· Undertake job related administration including accounting for expenses.
· Effectively manage the use of resources.
· Any other reasonable duties as may be appropriate or as directed by the line manager or directors.
· d Experience and Qualifications
· Display (through references and examples) an effective record of good working practice with vulnerable and disadvantaged adults and their families in a relevant setting
· Previous experience in a suitable management role
· Relevant professional qualification in management, community development, children & families
· Experience of working in the third sector
· Good record of facilitating effective partnership working
· Knowledge and Understanding
· Sympathy with the Christian ethos of the Preshal Trust
· An understanding of the issues relevant to people living in an area of deprivation
· Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
· Willingness to participate in relevant training and development
· Awareness of current development and legislation relating to working with children and families
· Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrate leadership skills including developing and inspiring individuals to reach their potential
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
· Ability to work within a budget
· Strong organisational skills
· Competent IT skills
· Ability to be pro-active and to work on own initiative as well as effectively as part of a team
· Ability to develop new initiatives
· Good analytical mind for developing good systems and procedures
· Ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
· Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
· Strong lateral thinking capacity
· Respect for Confidentiality
· Ability to work flexibly
· Use IT packages Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a proficient level and show competency in displaying and manipulating information.