Improving Overall Wellness
Through Connected Health in
Chris Otto, Sr. Vice President Healthcare at MobileHelp
• PERS – Evolution, Advantages
• Fall Detection
• New Form Factors
• Connected Health Technology
• Voice Activation
• Remote Patient Monitoring
Evolution of PERS
Personal Emergency Response
• Quick response in an emergency
• Avoid Complications of not getting help quickly
- Missed Medications, infection, hypothermia, etc.
• Ability to deliver other helpful features:
- Fall Detection
- Activity Monitoring
- Medication Adherence
- Online Caregiver Portals
• Empowers Seniors to Age in Place
Mobile Personal Emergency Response
(1) Fall Button™ does not detect 100% of falls. If able, users should always push their help button when they need
assistance. Fall Button™ is not intended to replace a caregiver for users dealing with serious health issues.
All the advantages of PERS Plus…
• Emergency Help outside the home – and
extended help on larger properties – to the
mailbox & back
• Location Services
• Online Caregiver Portal enables location tracking
• Confidence to go for walks and exercise
Fall Facts for Seniors
• 1 in 4 seniors fall each year
• Every Second of every day in the U.S. an older adult falls
• 6x more likely to survive a fall if help arrives in first hour
(compared to 72 hours)
• In 2015, the total medical costs for falls totaled more than
$50 billion.11 Medicare and Medicaid shouldered 75% of
Automatic Fall Detection services can give
seniors the confidence to be mobile and exercise.
• According to the Center for Disease Control, seniors who fall
tend to exercise less due to fear of another fall.
• Reduced activity causes a decrease in balance and actually
increases their risk for future falls.
• Remind patients when it is time to take their medication.
• Keep track of adherence – patient acknowledges reminder
• Staying on track with medications can help keep patients
healthy and prevent falls from medication mix-ups
• Helps keep patients out of the hospital
Medication errors are a leading cause of accidental falls.
New PERS Form Factors
Smart Watches w/mPERS Jewelry Pendants for mPERS Smartphone Apps
- Caregiver Apps
Touch Screen Tablets
w/PERS + interactive apps
Removing barriers to adoption through new, more acceptable form factors…
CONFIDENTIAL, MOBILEHELP 2018 10
Voice Activation Technology
Providing voice-first, intelligent and connected services and
solutions for greater peace of mind and better health outcomes.
LifePod® Artificial Intelligence
Remote Patient Monitoring
How it works…
1 2 3Vitals Monitoring Devices in the comfort of the
Health & Adherence Data
is collected on
Abnormal readings and non-compliance
allow clinicians to manage populations
Benefits of Telehealth
Self-Monitoring Pilot Results
Surveying the Industry
The Case for Remote Patient Monitoring
by Healthcare Professionals
• Who is using remote patient monitoring?
• Who is not?
• If not, WHY?
• What are healthcare professionals concerned
• What are the road blocks?
Sponsored bySurvey Results
Sponsored byRemoving Barriers Adoption
Implementing a Successful Telehealth Program:
The How To’s…
Identify patient populations
Plan a successful implementation
Selecting the Right Partners
…is easy to work
with; has clear terms
Three considerations – select a vendor who…
…has a pricing model
that works for your
Advantages of RPM
With an RPM program, you can:
• Deliver high-quality care, more conveniently
• Strengthen clinician-patient relationships/improve retention
• Manage patients with chronic conditions
• Access patient data for informed decisions/timely intervention
• Lower costs, increase efficiency, improve quality
• With new Medicare Reimbursements – it has never been
easier to start than today!
Chris A. Otto
SVP, Healthcare Division
561.347.6255 Ext 545