IGCSE Year 1
Your Task Choices
(Please choose one option from the Poster Task and one option from the Written Task)
You should …
Poster / Presentation:
1. PowerPoint presentation detailing research into the author of your novel.
2. Create a poster detailing a new character to be introduced into your novel.
3. Write a review of your novel.
4. Rewrite the opening of your novel; changing the tone/genre. e.g. serious to silly/ romance to
Title of the book: Choose one
Famous Five:5 are together again by Enid Blyton
The One by Kiera Cass
The Castle of Adventure by Enid Blyton
Adventures of Huckleberry Fin by Mark Twain
The Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton
The Magical Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton
Deadline: 1st July 2019
Read the above mentioned book during your holidays and
Choose one of the tasks.
Your Success Criteria:
(Once you’ve chosen the format for your work,
follow the guideline below to make your work as
good as possible)
1. Author PowerPoint:
-Use images (sound and video optional)
-Find facts/information about them; their life, their
interests, their work, their inspiration, interesting,
strange facts etc.
2. New Character:
-Image of new character
-Information boxes on their character and
-Brief explanation of how they fit in the story
and effect they have on it.
- Research other reviews of the novel (awards etc)
- 800 words.
-Use headings / subheadings.
- Analyse plot / language / characters / structure
4. New Opening:
-Review original opening to the novel.
-Max 700 words.
- Decide on language / details you are going to
alter to change the genre.
-Use language suited to that genre.
1. Read the newspaper every day. Get the cuttings of articles providing you information related
to the following topics. Paste the newspaper cuttings in a scrap book. Highlight the important
information in the articles. (At least 30 articles)
• Demographic change
• Education for all
• Fuel and energy
• Law and criminality
• Transport systems
2. ‘Many people aged over 65 believe more money should be spent on their welfare.’
How could you test this claim? You may consider the types of information, sources of evidence or
methods you might use.
3. Individual report- Make an individual report on the topic “Digital World”.
The word count between 1500-2000 words. Wirte the report in the following sequence:
-Frame a question
-Courses of action
HOLIDAY HOMEWORK TO BE DONE IN SCIENCE NOTEBOOK
1. Observe any 5 plants or animals of your area and record your observations on the basis of the
(a) Name of plant/animal.
(b) Scientific name
(d) Body design
2. Worksheet of chapter C2 : The nature of matter
1. Make a note of all the external hardware devices you can think of and explain their
2. Suggest some application software’s for a teacher and explain how they can be used in
completing her work.
3. What does ROM stand for and what does it do?
4. What does RAM stand for and what does it do?
5. What is the main difference between RAM and ROM?
6. Write an explanation of the difference between volatile and non-volatile memory
7. Find out about menu-based interfaces and form based interfaces. For a menu based
interface find an information system at a local train station or bank. For a form based
interface look at a typical website for booking a hotel room. Design both such systems in
MS-word and paste it in your notebook.
8. Find out about the use of concept keyboards in your school. Alternatively find a retail
outlet (fast food outlets are good places to start) where a concept keyboard is used at the
Why is this a good type of input device to use?
If there is a concept keyboard in a café or restaurant, what outputs do you think
would be generated by the inputs?
9. Type in MS-word pg. no- 22 of your book and copy contents and the formatting features
used in it. Make sure that all the line spacing are to be maintained properly, insert
appropriate image as required according to the document. Submit soft copy of it.
10. Some school geography department record the weather in their area using an automatic
weather station. How could the three sensors (pressure, light and temperature) be used to
record the weather? If your school has a weather station like this then analyse the
प्रश्न – महादेवी वमाा द्वारा लिखी गई दो कहाननयााँ पढ़कर बताइए कक वह आपको कैसी िगीीं और क्यों ?
साथ ही यह भी बताइए कक उन कहाननयों के ककन-ककन पात्रों ने आपको प्रभाववत ककया और क्यों ?
यह कायय हहिंदी उत्तर पसु्तिका में ही करें | (शब्द सीमा – 200 स े300 शब्द )
Art and Design
1 SUBMIT ONE OBSERVATION SKETCH FOR EACH DAY.
(A5 SKETCH COPY )
2 CHOOSE ONE QUESTION
b. Out of focus
c. Changing times
d. Shade and shadow
Two sheets A3 sheets 4 sides of supporting studies.
Simplify the following:
1) ( p ) 2) (x )(x )
3) (n )(n ) 4) (n )(n )
5) (k )(k ) 6) (x )(x )
7) (a )(a a ) 8) (k )(k k )
9) (r r )(r ) 10) (n n )(n )
43 − 1
+ 10 12) (8 + 5) ×
4 + 2
2 + 3 + 4 8(5 − 4) − 3
15) 8 ×
− (5 + 9) 16) 2 × 7 −
5 9 − 4
17) (10 + 2 − 2) × 6 − 1
7 2 × 5
19) (2 + 6 × 2 + 2 − 4) × 2 8
× (3 + 6) × 3 20)
5 − 1
Find the value of the following:
1) 2-4 x 1-3
2) 10002 × 34
3) 6-2 + 10003
4) 82 + 41
5) 1000-1 / 5-3
6) 1003 × 10-6
7) 1002 / 601
8) 491 × 1-76
9) 672 + 3-1
10) 10-5 × 171
11) 1003 × 10-6
12) 10-5 × 171
13) 932 × 71
14) 2-4 x 5-3
15) 3-2 x 2-3
Solve the following equations:
1) x x 2) a a
3) m m 4) p p p
5) p p 6) p p
7) (x ) 8) (x )
9) (p ) 10) ( x)
11) k ( k) 12) n ( n)
13) (x ) x 14) n ( n)
15) ( x) ( x)
Find the H.C.F. and L.C.M. of the following by prime factorization
Q1 Create a slide show showing the core economics problem with the help of PPC showing the
cost of choosing one alternative (Opportunity cost)
Q2. Make a poster on economics problem i.e. Scarcity and Resources
A poster on mobility of factor of production
Q3. Read Economic Times and discuss any one topic as per your understanding
Q4. Case Study (on the next page)
(1 MARK QUESTION)
Q1. Give an example of activity which is economic in one side and noneconomic on other
Q2. Why busines