GET STARTED NOW
SUMMER & FALL CLASSES
We are still here to help you!
APPLY ONLINE IN 33 EASY STEPS!
1. TO GET STARTED YOU’LL NEED:
• Your Social Security number
• An email address we can use to contact you. Don’t have one? You can get one, free on-line at Google, Yahoo, AOL and more.
• Name of the high school you attended and your graduation date
Or the month and year that you received your GED
• Name of any colleges you attended and dates of attendance
Now that you have this information, you are ready to begin your application!
Go to https://hazard.kctcs.edu/admissions/ and apply today!
2. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID AT: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
• HCTC’s school code is 006962.
• If you did not attend school this year (Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020) and you want to apply for summer aid,
be sure to complete the 2019-2020 application.
• If you are planning on attending beginning Fall 2020, complete the 2020-2021 application.
• If you are planning to attend both summer and fall, you will need to complete both 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 FAFSA application.
• You can apply for aid at any time, but the sooner the better. If there are any issues,
you will have more time to work them out and be ready to go when classes start.
3. SENDING TRANSCRIPTS
• Once you have completed your application, you will need to send official transcripts directly to HCTC.
This can be done in a couple of different ways, but the transcript must come directly to us from the sending institution.
• If you are a high school student and will be coming to HCTC in the Fall, wait until you graduate and the graduation date is posted on
your transcript. Most high school counselors will send a copy of your high school transcript to HCTC after you graduate.
• If you already graduated high school, most high school transcripts (and some college transcripts) can be sent
to us electronically by using www.parchment.com/order/
• You can also visit the www.getmytranscript.com, which is the National Student Clearinghouse, to send college transcripts electronically.
• If your high school or college does not have an electronic method, they can mail the transcript.
It must be sent directly to the HCTC Records Office, One Community College Drive, Hazard, KY 41701.
• If you need a copy of your GED record, you can request it at this link:
If you have any questions, email [email protected] or call Scott Gross at 606-487-3528.
KCTCS IS AN EQUAL EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION.