SKINNERFine JewelrySale 2487 December 8, 2009 Boston
Fine JewelrySPECIALISTS IN CHARGE
Gloria Lieberman 617.874.4305
Assistants: Sheila Barron Smithie, F.G.A., G.G., ext. 4309 John Colasacco, ext. 4310
Jewelry Department - 617.874.4313 General Inquiries: email@example.com
AUCTION 2487 Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 10 a.m. 63 Park Plaza Boston, Massachusetts PREVIEWSunday, December 6, 2009 Monday, December 7, 2009 12 to 5 p.m. 12 to 7 p.m.
ABSENTEE BIDDINGTel: 617.874.4318 Fax: 617.350.5429 Online: www.skinnerinc.com
COVER : 721 ; FRONTISPIECE : 322, 475, 479, 578, 601, 602, 604 ; BACK COVER : 585 ( DETAIL )
Register Preview and Bid Live Online at www.skinnerinc.com
Preview OnlineSkinner makes previewing online anytime from your home or office easy and convenient. View all lots in the auction in order, many with multiple views. You can also flip through the pages of our interactive virtual catalog or download the catalog PDF to your desktop.
Absentee Bidding/Tracking LotsSkinners website accepts absentee bids up to one hour before an auction begins. Once youve placed your bids, use Track Lots to track those items and see their selling prices. You can also use Track Lots to track the selling price of items youre simply curious about, whether youve bid on them or not.
Lot AlertLet Skinners Lot Alert do your searching for you! Lot Alert continuously searches Skinners upcoming auctions for items that interest you, and automatically emails you when an item matches your interest profile. Visit www.skinnerinc.com and click on the Buy/Sell tab to find out more about Lot Alert.
Bid Live Online with Skinner-Live!Theres nothing like bidding live at an auctionand now Skinner brings that live auction experience to our website with Skinner-Live! Visit www.skinnerinc.com and click on the Buy/Sell tab to learn more about bidding live online with Skinner-Live!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 2 4 5 7 110 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Auction & Specialist Information Web Site & Online Bidding Event Announcement Provenance & Notes Lots 1-721 List of Makers Conditions of Sale Absentee Bid Form Company Directors & Specialty Departments Administrative Staff & Client Services Map & Driving Directions Parking & Accommodations Dining Catalogue Subscription Form
Please Note: All lots sold subject to our Conditions of Sale. Please refer to page 112 of this catalogue for the full terms and conditions governing your purchase.
Copyright Skinner, Inc. 2009 All rights reserved
SKINNER invites you to attend an
Auction Preview & Jewelry ClinicSunday, December 6th 12:00 5:00 p.m.
As a complement to its auction preview, Skinner invites you to participate in its Jewelry Clinic, hosted by Mr. Hagop Matossian from Bostonian Jewelers. Mr. Matossian, an antique and period jewelry restoration expert, is viewed by his peers in the industry as a pioneer in laser restoration techniques. For the past 25 years, he has collaborated with dealers and private collectors on restoration and alteration projects. He will be available for individual consultations concerning items in the auction throughout the afternoon. All preview attendees invited.
Bostonian Jewelers & Manufacturers, Inc., located in downtown Boston in the Jewelers Exchange Building, specializes in estate and period restoration, and custom design and manufacturing of jewelry. Family owned and operated since 1969, Bostonian Jewelers uses the latest in laser technology, and can restore even the most intricate of antique and period jewelry in platinum, gold, sterling silver, and base metal, as well as complicated enamel work.
Property of the descendants of the Burghard, Krueger, and Ehret famililes of New York City and Newark, New Jersey, lots 141, 411, 690, 695, 711 A Brookline, Massachusetts, Family A Midwestern Estate, featuring a collection of Cartier and Tiffany & Co. Animal Jewelry A Philadelphia Lady A Florida and New York Collector of Artist-designed Jewelry A Massachusetts Family Property of the Crom family of Florida, important collectors of horological instruments
Note Regarding Colored StonesPurchasers are reminded that colored stones and diamonds may be enhanced by using one or more techniques, including but not limited to: clarity enhancement, resins, and heat treatments. Skinner makes no warranty express or implied to the buyer as to whether a natural stone has been enhanced.
5 6 4
1. Large Sterling Silver Dove Brooch, Georg Jensen, dia. 2 3/8 in., no. 70, signed Georg Jensen, Denmark. $150-250 2. Sterling Silver Earpendants, Georg Jensen, designed by Georg Jensen, lg. 1 1/2 in., no. 4, signed Georg Jensen Denmark. $150-250 3. Sterling Silver Seahorse Brooch, Paul Lobel, lg. 2 3/8 in., signed. $400-600 4. Two Sterling Silver Brooches, Georg Jensen, a dove pin with moonstones, no. 187, and another with a cluster of grapes and leaves framed by scrolling tendrils, no. 177A, both signed GI Denmark. $300-500 5. 14kt Gold and Enamel Jaguar Clip/Brooch, Kenneth J. Lane, the stylized head with polychrome champlev and basse taille enamel, 32.0 dwt, signed KJL. $1,000-1,500 6. Silver and Green Onyx Pendant, Georg Jensen, set with a large green onyx tablet, with foliate surmount, .830 silver mount, lg. 2 in., no. 49, reverse signed Georg Jensen Copenhagen. $100-200
7. Two Sterling Silver Jewelry Items, Georg Jensen and Paul Lobel, a pair of earclips designed as blossoms on scrolling stems, lg. 1 1/8, signed LOBEL, and a bookmark with floral and foliate motifs, lg. 2 1/4 in., signed GI Denmark, no. 61. $150-250 8. Silver Gem-set Ring, Cozzolino, c. 1930s, set with a buffed citrine and a fancy-cut amethyst, diamond mle accents, with gold beads, engraved Greek key edges, size 7, signed. Note: Cozzolino worked in Naples, Italy, and Montevideo, Uruguay. $700-900 9. 14kt Gold, Enamel, and Onyx Necklace, composed of multiple strands of gold beads set with a green onyx cabochon flanked by enamel panels, suspending a black onyx bead fringe, lg. 21 and 3 3/4 in. $2,500-3,500 10. Sterling Silver Bracelet, Georg Jensen, composed of arched links, no. 175, lg. 7 in., signed Georg Jensen, Denmark. $200-300 11. Three Art Deco Rock Crystal and Hardstone Necklaces, two composed of faceted bell shape and faceted spherical beads, another of lapis, aventurine, tigers-eye, onyx, green chalcedony, goldstone glass, and carnelian half beads spaced by faceted rock crystal disks and centering a rock crystal block, lg. 18, 16, and 14 in. $150-250
15 17 21
12. Smoky Quartz Pendant Necklace, composed of graduating faceted beads suspending a faceted oval pendant, lg. 1 1/4 and 22 in. $150-250 13. 14kt Gold and Lapis Pendant, Grosse, Pforzheim, c. 1973, designed as a large lapis tablet in an abstract sunburst surround, suspended from fancy link chain, pendant signed Grosse, and each with G makers mark, 36.5 dwt, lg. 2 3/4 in. $300-400 14. Leather Evelyne Handbag, Herms, the GM size shoulder bag in black clemence leather, silvertone hardware, adjustable cloth strap, outside pocket, leather tab closure, perforated leather plaque, 15 x 14 1/2 x 4 in., with dust cover. $800-1,200 15. Leather Toiletries Bag, Herms, the supple brown leather case with blue piping opening to a cloth interior with removable sleeve, 11 x 8 1/2 x 2 in. $200-300
16. Travel Gaming Set, Louis Vuitton, the two Plexiglas boxes containing three pairs of dice and a set of dominoes, both with logo pips. $150-250 16A. Gem-set Evening Bag, India, the silk purse elaborately decorated with gold and silver thread star motifs, mounted with emerald beads, 8 x 4 1/2 in., boxed. $400-500 17. Travel Set of Incense Sticks and Holders, Louis Vuitton, comprising three sets of sticks scented with Japanese Juda tree and other aromatics, engraved ceramic holders, within a Plexiglas case, (one stick broken, matches not included). $100-200 18. Limited Edition Plexiglas Love Box, Louis Vuitton, c. 1999, the box with padlock and metal fittings enclosing a navy leather envelope and three cards embossed with logos, 6 x 4 1/4 x 1 1/2 in. $300-500
19. Miniature Brass Traveling Case, Louis Vuitton, c. 1999, of a limited edition, 2 x 1 x 5/8 in., boxed. $200-400
29. Sterling Silver Multi-strand Bracelet, Herms, composed of three strands of anchor chain completed by a bar clasp, lg. 7 3/8 in., signed. $600-800 30. Two Resin and Diamond Bangles, in black and ivory, each mounted with a ring of diamond mle, circ. 7 3/4 in., (one mle missing). $3,000-5,000 31. Two Jewelry Items, Tiffany & Co., a multi-strand hematite bead necklace, sterling silver clasp, and a pair of sterling silver and black enamel half hoop earclips, lg. 17, 1 1/8 in., both signed. $300-500 32. Sterling Silver Somerset Bangle, Tiffany & Co., circ. 7 1/2, wd. 1 in., signed, boxed. $250-350 33. Rose Quartz Bead Necklace, Tiffany & Co., composed of seventytwo beads each measuring approx. 10.00 mm, with large hammered silver bead, lg. 33 in., with presentation boxes. $400-600 34. 14kt Gold Leaf Earclips, each with Florentine finish, 6.4 dwt, lg. 1 in. $250-350 35. 18kt Gold Bracelet, Italy, the tapering strap with Florentine finish, 28.3 dwt, lg. 7 1/8 in. $800-1,000 36. High Karat Gold Chain, the high karat gold chain suspending a pendant depicting the seated Buddha, 18kt gold mount, 29.3 dwt, lg. 1 1/2, 26 in. $600-800 37. High Karat Gold Chain, the high karat gold chain suspending an engraved 18kt gold pendant encasing a Buddhist image, 24.0 dwt, lg. 7/8, 22 1/2 in. $500-700 38. 18kt Bicolor Gold Bracelet, the hinged panels alternately dep