1. Extreme Makeover: Classroom Edition Amy Keith Secondary Literacy Coach Nash Rocky Mount Public Schools
2. 1876This telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.-- Western Union internal memo, 1876
3. Poll Everywhere What do you think of when you hear the words common core?
4. Food for Thought. "Adolescents entering the adult world in the 21st century will read and write more than at any other time in human history. They will need advanced levels of literacy to perform their jobs, run their households, act as citizens, and conduct their personal lives." -- Richard Vaca, author of Content Area Reading: Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum They (students) actively seek the wide, deep, and thoughtful engagement with high-quality literary and informational texts that builds knowledge, enlarges experience, and broadens worldviews*Common Core Standards English Language
5. Something to Think About. If we want to move the useful adoption of technology forward, it is crucial for educators to learn to listen, to observe, to ask, and to try all the new methods their students have already figured out, and do so regularly. Change is the order of the day in our kids 21st- century lives. It ought to be the order of the day in their schools as well. Not only would students welcome it, they will soon demand it. The biggest question about technology and schools in the 21st century is not so much "What can it do?" but, rather, "When will we get to do it?" http://www.edutopia.org/adopt-and-adapt
6. OUR GOAL FOR TODAY: We must open the doors of opportunity. But we must also equip our people to walk through those doors.-- Lyndon B. Johnson
7. Tool #2 EduCreationsEducreations - Teach what you know. Learn what you dont.
9. VoiceThread To view our VoiceThread click on the following link: http://voicethread.com/share/3030505/
10. VoiceThread InstructionsCreate your slide(s) using any program: Word, Publisher,PowerPoint, ActivInspire, etc Save your file as a PDF.Once on the VoiceThread website, you will need to clickCreate Upload your PDF file(s)Once uploaded, you can choose to share the presentationwith others. If youre doing this in a classroom, wherestudents have their own accounts, you will need to do this.Once others have access to your presentation, you areready to comment (voice, text, video, or phone).
16. Poll Everywhere InstructionsCreate a free account at https://www.polleverywhere.com/signupLog in with user name and passwordOn home page find "create your first poll"Enter Poll questionDecide "how my audience will respond?" (Multiple choice or open ended)Select CreateNew screen opens with directions for audience.Sit and wait for the responses to come in.