1. The name Bahamas comes from the Spanish word Baja Mar, which means what?
2. What is the name of the capital city of The Bahamas?
3. How many islands and cays make up The Bahama Islands?
4. Which famous discoverer of the new-world first landed on a Bahamian island named San Salvador?
5. Did you know, right where you are standing, many of these infamous characters sailed ships and buried treasure?
6. In what year did The Bahamas received independence from the Great Britain?
7. Which Bahamian island is especially known for its pink sandy beaches?
8. Which island is the bone-fishing capital of The Bahamas and has the worlds third longest barrier reef?
9. What is the average summer temperature in The Bahamas?
10. What is the name of the second city of The Bahamas?
Pirates of the Caribbean
1. Shallow waters
4. Christopher Columbus
5. Pirates of the Caribbean
The Ministry of Tourism & Aviation
Festival Place EASTER FUN DAY
Saturday, April 11, 2009
BAHAMAS ACTIVITY BOOKLET
The Pledge Of Allegiance written by Rev. Philip Rahming
I pledge my allegiance to the flag and to the Commonwealth of The Bahamas for which it stands, one people united in love and service.
BAHAMIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM
March On Bahamaland composed by the late, Timothy Gibson
Lift up your head to the rising sun, Bahamaland; March on to glory your bright banners waving high. See how the world marks the manner of your bearing! Pledge to excel through love and unity. Pressing onward, march together to a common loftier goal; Steady sunward, tho' the weather hide the wide and treachrous shoal. Lift up your head to the rising sun, Bahamaland, 'Til the road you've trod lead unto your God, March On, Bahamaland.