1. What have you learnt about mediatechnologies during the process?
2. Technology forResearch and Planning
3. Music We used Freeplay music to find Copyright-free music for our piece. This was very time-consuming as there was somuch music on there and there is no quickway to choose without listening to excerpts
4. Filming Equipment Key part of planning = familiarising ourselves with filming equipment. Carried out many practise activities with Canon cameras Relatively easy to use and gave good results Transfer time long as mini DV rather than card Occasional focussing issues Constant charging of batteries needed
5. Filming EquipmentStills camera transferusing HD card so quickerand easirt Easy viewing of photos takenSteady image could be Focussingattached togenerally easiertripod
6. Final Cut Express Animated StoryboardPhotos of post-its taken and imported to Final CutExpress to create animated storyboard.
7. AnimaticHelped us visualise our storyboard as a film.Could cut shots to approx length and view in sequence.Could add music, effects and transitions.Meant more similarity between our storyboard and finished product asmore visually compatible.
9. Technology for Construction
10. Final Cut for Ident
11. Final Cut for IdentPhotos taken of pensbeing moved by afractionDragged to timelineand shortenedRun together to create Last slide made longer tostop motion identallow for name of production company to be read
12. Editing using Final Cut Express Raw footage ends here. Can alwaysViewer focus on individual be returned to and difficult to delete highlighted clips permanentlyCanvas Controlwholeover layerssequence lock,displayedturn offhereetc.Control overview size, Tool bar basic toolsaudiowaves etc.for cutting, cropping, moving, adjusting Timeline clips sequenced, trimmed and volume etc assembled here
13. List of effects and Screen sizes can betransitions to choose from changed dependingused later in the editing what you are doingprocessGenerally FCE is easy to learn and use.
14. Able to order our clips so we couldfocus on useful ones and leave theHere we are building up other takes to one side.our edited sequence inlayers
15. Here we have increased size of timeline and rolled out to amore detailed view useful when fine editing for exactcontinuity.
16. Easy to rearrange the soundMakes levels and the time betweenordering of each slideshotseasier Enablescan lockYou tosound addtrack sosoundcan match and addaudio and effectsvideo moreto soundeasily
17. Use of video filter to slightlydesaturate image for memory Colour reduced withouteffect.being made black and white We picked out the memory flashes and added same effect on all
18. Use of fade out and in transition to showmovement between scenesEffect is dragged from the menu And added betweenthe relevant clips
19. We added an echo sound effect to thememory sequences to ensure they feltless real but also threateningWe were able to layer our sound, moving some of the memorysound under the diegetic dialogue in the police scene
20. Disadvantages of Final Cut Rendering could take a long time Not possible to use at home without AppleMac Exporting files time-consuming Easy to learn basics but more complex usestake time to work out Probably not industry standard like proversions or Avid
21. Live TypeCompatiblewith Final Cut can exportFinal Cut filminto itWorks invery similarway so easyto pick upText entered here And appears here
22. Live TypeRange ofprepackagedeffects andtransititons tochoose from More complex fine editing of text e.g. shadow,Timing and length of both text and effect cantiming, trackingbe altered etc.
23. Technology for Evaluation
25. ORGANIZING ANDKnowing how MANAGING OURmany posts weWORK:Use of Bloggerhad made kept ushelped us seeon top of our our progress andwork. what workneeded to beadded. Able to see who had done what pieces of work.
26. ADDED TEXTS AND IMAGES:The ability to addimages to textsmade our workmore interestingand readable more like blogs inthe real mediaworld.Able to label ourwork meant wecould see whocompleted workand when theyuploaded it.
27. ABILITY TO VIEWCOURSEWORK OF OTHERS:Ability to seeother groupsprogress.Able to assessif we arebehind onwork.Able tocompare ourwork withothers.Gives us the opportunityto improve our work.
28. USE OF HYPERLINKS: Ability to add work to our blogs using hyperlinks to other websites. We could present our work on slideshare and link it to our blog.
29. ABILITY TOAble to comment on COMMENT:other groups work.Anyone can look atour work and giveGive us feedback.criticismsand feedbackof our work We can getso we can comments fromimprove.other groups.We are able toexpress ourideas on otherpieces to helpother groups.Gives us helpful andreassuring commentstowards our work.
30. DISADVANTAGES OF BLOGGER ANDAVALIBILITY TO EVERYONE:A possibledisadvantage ofusing blogger isanyone can seeour work. This means anyone who has access to the internet can comment on our work, these comments are mainly supportive and beneficial but sometimes can beBlocking everyone except our class would abusive and not serious.mean we could be blocking people whohave genuine and valid comments whichcould improve our coursework.
31. USE OF LABEL FILTER:Can see whatmembers of thegroup have donewhat work. Makes it easy to return to work we have done previously for ideas. Makes it Able to simple to filter by access our nameown work. label.
32. MULTIMEDIA POTENTIAL:POWERPOINT / SLIDESHARE Powerpoint useful for group evaluation easy for all to access and add to. Shared on blog by uploading via slideshare and linking.Useful for primarily visual presentation with brief comments not for more sustained comments / evaluation
33. MULTIMEDIA POTENTIAL: ANALYSIS OF IMAGESMore sustainedcritical analysiscarried out throughbullet point /image formatEasily createddirectly on blogMore individual format allowing for differencesof opinion.
34. MULTIMEDIA POTENTIAL:ILLUSTRATED PRESENTATIONJGroup discussion as elementof debate / argument to taskabout distribution.Filmed, exported,reformatted and uploaded toblog with signposts todiscussion added withLiveType text and imagesfrom Google image search.Helps a viewer skim throughthe discussion and stop wheneye caught by a discussiontopic.
35. MULTIMEDIA POTENTIAL: ANNOTATED IMAGESWe evaluated target audience onPaint by creating text boxesaround a picture of people wethought were typical of our targetaudience.We thought this helped to showthat we were keeping thisaudience in mind through all thecomments.We were able to divide our ideason target audience into clearseparate boxes / points.
36. MULTIMEDIA POTENTIAL: CONTACT SHEETS We decided to present our genre choices as a series of images. This is because most of the decisions we made that showed the genre we were working in were visual. We felt that by presenting a sequence of images like this, the feel of our genre would be immediately obvious. We did add our own explanatory notes, but believe you could tell the genre of our film just be looking at these images.
37. MULTIMEDIA POTENTIAL: ANNOTATED FILM This format helped us complete a task that could have become repetitive together (we would no doubt have used the same screenshots and had the same audience feedback to work from). Using LiveType as an annotation tool we were able to explain how we felt our sequence had worked to catch the attention of the audience we had identified fans of the genre.