- 1. C r e a t i v eT h i n k i n g By Mr. Pankaj Kumar Rai Business School
2. Good decisions requiregood thinking! 3. Idea 4. Why Do We Use A LightBulb For An Idea? 5.
- To see where there was dark before
- Light bulb = invention = idea
6. What is creative problem solving? 7.
- The creative person uses information to form new ideas.
- The real key to creative problem solving is what you do with the knowledge.
- Creative problem solving requires an attitude that allows you to search for new ideas and use your knowledge and experience.
- Creative problem solving is -looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different.
9. EXERCISE Connect all nine dots with four (4) straight continuous lines without your pen (or pencil) leaving the paper. 10. A SOLUTION 11. Creative thinking is not only with the things like the discovery of electricity or the polio vaccine, or the writing of a novel or the development of color television. Creative thinking is not reserved for certain occupation nor is it restricted to super intelligent people. 12. What is Creativity?
- An Ability.Creativity is the ability to imagine or invent something new. Creativity is not the ability to create out of nothing (only God can do that), but the ability to generate new ideas by combining, changing, or reapplying existing ideas. Some creative ideas are astonishing and brilliant, while others are just simple, good, practical ideas that no one seems to have thought of yet.
- A low-income family devises a plan to send their son to a leading university. Thats creative thinking.
- An Attitude.Creativity is also an attitude: the ability to accept change and newness, a willingness to play with ideas and possibilities, a flexibility of outlook, the habit of enjoying the good, while looking for ways to improve it. We are socialized into accepting only a small number of normal things, like chocolate ice cream for example. The creative person realizes that there are other possibilities, like peanut butter and banana sandwiches, etc.
- A family turns the streets most undesirable space into the neighborhood beauty spot. Thats creative thinking.
- A Process.Creative people work hard and continually to improve ideas and solutions, by making gradual alterations and refinements to their works. Contrary to the mythology surrounding creativity, very, very few works of creative excellence are produced with a single stroke of brilliance.
- A motivational leader develops a plan which doubles his Sunday evening attendance. Thats creative thinking.
- Examples of practical, everyday creative thinking:
- Selling to the impossible customer
- Ways to simplify record-keeping
- Keeping the children occupied constructively
- Making employees really like their work
20. LETS TALK ABOUT:
- Why dont we think creatively more often?
- What are the barriers that get in our way?
21. BARRIERS THAT GET IN OUR WAY
- Usually dont need to be creative
- Havent been taught to be creative
What are some other barriers that get in our way? 22. MENTAL BLOCKS
- Mental blocks are reasons (attitudes) why we dont think something different.
23. MENTAL BLOCKS
24. MENTAL BLOCK # 1
Onlyone ? 25. MENTAL BLOCK # 2
26. MENTAL BLOCK # 3
- Why rules should be challenged:
- 1.We make rules based on reasons that make a lot of sense.
- 3.Time passes, and things change.
- 4.The original reasons for the generation of these rules may no longer exist, but because the rules are still in place, we continue to follow them.
27. MENTAL BLOCK # 4
28. MENTAL BLOCK # 5
29. MENTAL BLOCK # 6
30. BEING MORE CREATIVE
- How can we be more creative?
- Jot down at least 3 ideas that come toyour mind.
31. Creative thinking is simply finding new, improved ways to do anything. 32. How to strengthen creative thinking ability? Believe it can be done. Here is a basic truth: To do anything, we must first believe it can be done. Believing something can be done sets the mind in motion to find a way to do it. 33. When you believe something is impossible, your mind goes to work for you to prove why. But, when you believe, really believe, something can be done, your mind goes to work for you and help to find the ways to do it. 34. Any Questions???