All Boska products are based on an idea. The creativeforce that turns these concepts into new products is the Dutch designer Frank Bleeker. For the Life & Living Collections, Bleeker created a collection of rural-inspired products that evoke feelings of warmth, gathering around a table and times shared with friends. Gezellig is a Dutch word that translates to mean having a warm or friendly atmosphere, cozy and comfortable. Bleeker kept this idea in mind when developing the products for the Life & Living Collection by using materials with a natural look, including pastels with a soft grey tone, earthenware, concrete and European White Oak for the boards.
Three generations1983 - Joop, Jan-Willem and Martijn Bos
Boskas StorySINCE 1896
WE AT BOSKA HAVE BEEN MAD ABOUT CHEESE FOR WELL OVER A 100 YEARS. IT ALL
STARTED IN BODEGRAVEN, A LITTLE VILLAGE NEAR GOUDA WHERE GOUDA CHEESE
WAS FIRST PRODUCED, AND WILLEM BOS INVENTED HIS FIRST CHEESE TOOLS
FOR THE LOCAL CHEESE DAIRIES. FROM THAT DAY ON, IT HAS BEEN OUR FAMILY
TRADITION TO INSPIRE YOU DURING YOUR EXPLORATION OF THE MOST DELICIOUS
CHEESES IN THE WORLD. ENJOY LIFE, EXPLORE CHEESE!
Fourth-generation owner of Boska Holland
Recepttip: My favorite fondue is a cheddar fondue with Montgomerys cheddar and Shelburne cheddar. Add a fresh white wine, garlic, and Eau de vie peach. Perfect with pieces of green apple. Waldemar Albrecht, Matre Fromager USAResponsible for the cheese buffet for Hillary Clinton, among other people
1. LIFE | OUTDOOR FONDUE: Summer or winter, even when windy, fondue outside - $79,99 2. LIFE | FONDUE SET: Fondue set on stylish concrete base with four stainless steel fondue forks, available in blue, white, and grey - $99,99 3. LIFE | TAPAS FONDUE SET: Quick and easy to use. Simply microwave for 4 minutes and keep warm with a tea light underneath. Available in blue and grey - $39,99 4. LIFE | FONDUE FORKS: Solid stainless steel with three points - $29,99
Cheese fondue recipesA traditional dish that originated in the Swiss Alps, fondue was fi rst made using only Swiss cheese. A hearty shareable meal, fondue remains a classic for entertaining. Many taste variations of Swiss cheese fondue have been conjured up, most notably with Italian herbs, blue or goats cheese. Or, for a decadent dessert, try replacing cheese with chocolate and serve with seasonal fruits. Theres nothing better than fondue for an easy, quick and festive meal with friends.
Really tasty!Impress your guests and bring something new to the buffet table with this amazing cheese curler. The central spindle holds the cheese in place while the rotating blade of the cheese curler shaves off a very thin curl which allows the delicate fl avor of the cheese to come through. Cheeses that work well when eaten lightly curled include the semi hard savory Swiss cheese Tte de Moine, Ptit Basque, a hard but mild sheeps cheese from the Pyrenees, a fl avorful smoked Gouda, and even the hard Edam. Enjoy with a good glass of wine. A cheese curl also looks great on a cheeseboard. For a sweet dessert, use the curler to shave off sensational chocolate curls.
Recipe tip: The ultimate cheese platter consists of an uneven number of cheeses, including in any case one cheese from the following families: White rind cheeses, goats/sheeps cheeses, red culture cheeses, hard cheeses, and blue cheeses. The experience becomes really intense when served with a suitable tea such as Pu-Erh!
Betty Koster, Fromagerie LAmuse NLAuthor of Passie voor kaas (Passion for cheese), among other publications.
1./2./3. LIFE | CHEESE BOARD FRIENDS: The ideal cheese board made of European white oak, naturally oiled - L ( 40 cm/15.7 inch) - $99,99 / M ( 30 cm/11.8 inch) - $49,99 / S ( 16 cm/6.3 inch) - $19,99 4. LIFE | CHEESE DOME: Keeps cheese deliciously fresh - $ 49,99 5. LIFE | CHEESE CURLER: Sensational cheese experience in no time - $69,99
Cheese knife Dutchy This traditional cheese knife has been used by Dutch cheese professionals for more than 60 years. The kitchen version is however perfectly suited for use at home. This knife cuts effortlessly through the most delicious semi hard and hard cheeses by using a rocking motion. It is ideal for cutting cheese into cubes and for removing the rind. As it requires the use of both hands, the knife is extremely safe.
1. LIFE | CHEESE SLICER: For hard cheese - $24,99 2. LIFE | CHEESE KNIFE: For semi hard and hard cheese - $24,99 3. LIFE | CHEESE KNIFE SOFT: For soft cheese - $24,99 4. LIFE | CHEESE SET: With Cheesy knife, Cheese knife, and Parmesan knife in mini-format - $39,99 5. LIFE | CHEESE SLICER OAK: For hard cheese - $14,99 6. LIFE | CHEESE GRATER OAK: For semi hard to very hard cheese - $14,99 7. LIFE | CHEESE SLICER YOUNG: For semi hard cheese - $14,99 8. LIFE | CHEESE KNIFE OAK: For soft cheese - $14,99 9. LIFE | CHEESE KNIFE DUTCHY: Cuts through semi hard and hard cheeses with rinds with a simple rocking motion! - $29,99
Freshly Cut Heightens F lavor Cheese tastes even better when sliced with the right knife. Hard, semi hard, and soft cheeses all require a different type of knife. Like wine, cheese tastes best when exposed to air. That is why freshly cut cheese has more fl avor than precut cheese. Even though precut cheese offers convenience, true (italics) cheese lovers do the cutting themselves!
1. LIFE | PETIT PARIS: Cut the delicious French cheeses in style and store them under the dome in the refrigerator - $69,99 2. LIFE | CHIP & DIP TRAY: Tray with fi ve small porcelain cups for tapas and ingredients for cheese fondue. The handle can easily be removed to store the set - $89,99 3. LIFE | CHIP & DIP SET: Cheese board with two small porcelain dipping bowls. All made from European white oak, naturally oiled - $39,99
4. LIFE | TABLE GRATER: Grate fi ne, coarse, and in fl akes and serve immediately in the small oak bowl - $49,99 5. LIFE | CARAFE: 100% recycled European glass - $14,99 6. LIFE | GLASS: 100% recycled European glass for a set of 3 - $19,99 7. MONACO | HAND GRATER ROMANO: For semi hard to very hard cheese. Suitable for left-handed and right-handed users. Entirely in stainless steel - $24,99
Recipe tip: Leave a Boursault (soft-ripened, triple-cream) to cool. Once properly cooled, remove the upper part of the cheese and set aside. Next, remove the heart of the Boursault and replace it with chestnut puree. Place the top back on the cheese before storing it in a cool place. Cut gingerbread into very fi ne and small rectangles, and toast them in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Leave the rectangles fl at to cool, so that they retain their straight shape. Cover the outside of the Boursault with therectangles and tie everything down with a festive ribbon. This will keepthe gingerbread in place and perfects your presentation!
Roland Barthlemy, President of the International Guild of Cheese Makers
Porcelain Defined? Porcelain originally came from China, dating back to the Eastern Han Dynasty (196-220 AD). Porcelain fi rst reached Europe via the silk route during the Ming Dynasty. Today, the term porcelain can only be used for ceramics that comply with the regulations of the European Commission.
Porcelain is made from a mix of kaolin, a white clay, and silver sand. Feldspar or granite is added to the mix to decrease the baking temperature. Once formed, the mix is baked at 900 C. Once baked, glazing is applied and the porcelain is then baked smooth at 1400 C for one day and a half. After that, the porcelain is painted and then hardened at a temperature of 600-900 C.
1. LIVING | BREAD & BOWL: Raclette and Fondue bowl for bread, salad, and potatoes - $39,99 2. LIVING | CUP & SIP: Tea and cheese, the perfect combination - $7,99 3. LIVING | PLATE: Flat cheese board, with bottom in white, blue or grey - $12,99 4. LIVING | CHIP & DIP CUP: The ideal tapas bowl - $7,99 5. LIVING | CHIP & DIP BOWL: The Tapas & Fondue bowl . Suitable for use in all microwave ovens, ovens (up to 220C), and dishwashers - $9,99
Available Available in fi ner kitchen supply stores, cheese stores and supermarkets. For points of sale, look on boska.com under Where to buy?
The prices, 2012-2013, in this brochure are recommended retail prices. We reserve the right to make changes
without prior notice and are not liable for printing errors. 2012-2013 Boska Holland. All Rights Reserved
Follow us for recipes / product clips and more on boska.com