03 CB CHICKEN SUPPORTS KACI FENNELL
07 SMART EGGS: WE WERE FOCUSED ON HEART HEALTH IN FEBRUARY
13 A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE CB CUSTOMER CARE TEAM
MARCH EDITION . #16
THE CB GROUP NEWSLETTER
9 nutradays across the island8bad dawg turns 33 cb chicken supports kaci fennell
cookbook of the week!
day in the life of the cb foods customer care team
easy grilled pork chops with basil and sweet mango puree
safety comes first
2014 is gone and believe it or not 2015 is here, running along and before you know it will be gone too.
Last year was by all indications a very good year for us and we look forward to greater accomplishments in the current year. As we continue to move forward we need to maintain our focus and positive attitudes to work. As such Ive put together a few quotes and suggestions that I hope will be a guide to most if not all of us going forward.
1. Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
2. Make yourself aware of managements goals. A determination to help make them a reality will make you invaluable.
3. Your ability to work productively with those around you is a key measure of your effectiveness.
4. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary
5. Dont let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.
6. Dont be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.
7. The difference between a job and a career is the difference between forty and sixty hours a week.
8. A successful man continues to look for work after he has found a job.
9. You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.
10. There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there.
Many of us are already practicing these in some shape or form, for those who arent, it may not be a bad idea to try some of these. Ideas are funny little things though. They dont work unless you do.
2015 is promising good things and hopefully many more successes, but very little of this will happen without your continued efforts and commitment. I wish you all the very best for the rest of 2015 and beyond as we strive for greater accomplishments for the CB Group.
Audley RaymoreHead, Processing and I.F Projects.
CB Chicken was on hand at Triple Century Sports Bar in New Kingston to support our very own Pan Chicken Championship 2014 Celebrity Chef Winner Kaci Fennell as she placed 5th at the Miss Universe 2014 Finals. Congrats Kaci, you made the CB Family and the rest of Jamaica proud.Here are a few pics from the fun night.
CB Chicken supports
Kaci FennellMiss Universe Jamaica 2014
3around the brand in 30 days cb chicken
4around the brand in 30 days cb chicken
Whats your best pick-up line?To celebrate Valentines Day on
Social Media, CB Chicken had
a Best Jamaican Pick Up Line
contest. Participants submitted
their best and funniest pick
up lines, with a real Jamaican
flair and won special dinners at
Caff da Vinci and Opa! Greek
Restaurant and Lounge.
Best Jamaican Pick Up LineValentines Contest
5around the brand in 30 days caribbean passion
During the Month of Love, Caribbean Passion held a brunch for these 5 married and engaged women, hosted by Miss Jamaica World 2005, Dr. Terri-Karelle Reid, the ladies had a fun, frank discussion around the table about love, relationships, and food (see more details on our Facebook page).
Caribbean Passion also hosted a special giveaway of the ULTIMATE Valentines Day Lunch, Breakfast, and Dinner on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Winners enjoyed special Valentines Day meals at Fromage Gourmet Market.
Dont forget to follow: Twitter @caribpassionja Instagram/Facebook: @CaribbeanPassionJA
Caribbean Passion Celebrates the Month of Love.
From Left: Dr. Terri-Karrelle Reid, Gleaner Online Manager, Nastassian Brandon, Law Student, Kathryn Royes, Project Manager, CB Group, Dr. Melissa Chin-Nehemiah, Tina Hamilton, Brand Manager, Caribbean Passion and Kerry-Ann McKoy Tulloch, Attorney at Law
6around the brand in 30 days copperwood
A Copperwood Love Story: 90 Years of Love and Counting
Valentines Day is all about celebrating all thats good about romance. During February, the month of love, Copperwood Pork joined in the worldwide celebration by pulling out all the stops and treating one very special group who not only love food but genuinely love each other.
We had the honour of sitting with three generations of love; married for a combined 90 years were: Mr. and Mrs. Simpson (56 years of marriage), Mr. and Mrs. Cowan (29
years of marriage) and Mr. and Dr. Cowan-Lyn (5 years of marriage). Chef Christian Sweeney created an exquisite and memorable three course menu which was enjoyed by everyone from start to finish.
The family allowed us and the Gleaner into their home as they discussed love, relationships, family and of course food.
The evening was filled with laughter, and reminiscing about old times
punctuated by course after delicious course. It was the main course that stole the show as Chef Sweeney prepared a Grilled Pork Chop with sweet mango and basil puree. See our recipe section to try at home!
A Special Note. The Cowans are in fact a part of our CB Family and loyal CB Foods customers. We are proud to be conducting business with their company Lillan Limited for over 15 years.
around the brand in 30 days smart eggs 7
February was Heart Month, and Smart Eggs continued to help Jamaicans Eat Smart, Live Smart by shining a light on heart health, and how our Omega 3 enriched eggs can be part of your healthy diet.
You may have seen us in the Jamaica Observers Branded feature with Health Coach Krissy Scott. Scott advises that egg yolks being bad for your heart is a myth: The yolk contains most of nutrients found in the egg. It contains the majority of the copper, nearly all of the calcium, iron, folate, and B6, and 100% of the vitamins A and E. It is good for your bones, eyes, skin and your heart. And remember, our yolks are where the Omega 3 is stored, so go ahead and enjoy the yolk!
Where else were we?Did you catch us on TVJs Smile Jamaica? We demonstrated even more delicious ways to have Smart Eggs and get on the path to a healthier lifestyle, and happy tummy.
Remember our Facebook page always has great recipes like: Frittatas, Eggs in a Nest and Shakshuka, as well as tips for a healthy, active lifestyle.
We were focused on
Heart Healthin February
8around the brand in 30 days bad dawg
BIGGA,BADDABETTA,FOR 3 YEARS!
On Friday February 6th, our Bigga, Betta, Badda Sausage turned three. And we treated loyal Bad Dawg enthusiasts to 2-4-1 specials at all these locations: Devon House North Lawn
Boulevard Super Centre
Empire Supermarket, Cross Roads
Strand Street, Montego Bay
Montego Bay Bus Park (behind Courts)
Oakton Entertainment Complex (also known as Lime Light)
Wing King (Oaklands)
At Devon House, however Bad Dawg had its BIG BIRTHDAY PARTY, hosted by Dutty Berry, with music by DJ Cut Eye.
Patrons enjoyed the jokes by the always hilarious Dutty Berry, had dance competitions, and received giveaways from Devon House I Scream, Chocolate Dreams, the Devon House Bakery and more.
Here are a few pictures from all that good badniss!
9around the brand in 30 days nutramix
Throughout February NUTRAMIX had three stops in its annual NutraDays series as a way to reward our customers their performance throughout the previous year, and to show appreciation to their loyal consumers.
The Big Feed has 5 sales regions: Eastern (Portland, St. Thomas, & St.Mary); Central (Kingston & St. Andrew, Clarendon, and St. Catherine); Southern (Manchester and St. Elizabeth); Western: (Westmoreland, St. James, and Hanover); and Nothern (Trelawny & St. Ann)
We award 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes to our top performing customers in each region every year treating 1st place winners to a special treat of a NutraDay - a party on us, with delicious CB Foods products prepared by Chef Gairy Bowes, and giveaways of baby chicks, promotional items, as well technical support by our vets and experts, feed giveaways, and of course music!
This years NUTRAMIX NutraDays awardees are: Eastern: Eastport Farm and Garden Port
Antonio, Portland Northern: Falmouth Farm Store, Falmouth,
Trelawny Western: Source One Feeds and Agricultural
Supplies Savanalamar, Westmoreland Southern: Junction Farm Store Junction, St.
Elizabeth Central: E&G Feed City Overall Island
Champions Farmers Cross, Clarendon
Weve had three NutraDays so far and our next stops will be, March 3rd at Eastport Farm and Garden in Port Antonio, and March 10th at E&G Feed City at Farmers Cross, Clarendon.
The Big Feed thanks its top customers with NutraDays across the island
Danree Delancy, NUTRAMIX Technical Sales Representative, Garth Clarke (Source One Feeds), his father, Ossie Clarke (Owner, Source One Feeds) and Tina Hamilton, Brand Manager NUTRAMIX
in OurCreating Bonds
Two Sisters Cook Book named Cookbook of the Week!The creators of our own CB Foods 2015 calendar recipes and hosts of TVJs 2 Sisters and a Meal Suzanne and Michelle Rousseau have been featured on Yahoo Food! They are the authors of Caribbean Potluck, which Yahoo named Cookbook of the week on February 17th!
Have you tried one of the delicious calendar recipes yet?
Two Sisters and a Meal airs Sundays, on TVJ at 5:30 pm.
our community cookbook of the week 11
CBG Staff giving back when and where we can
Have you seen the new CB Foods recipe page?In February we launched the Sisters Choice, a partnership with Two Sisters and a Meal hosts, Suzanne and Michelle Rousseau. Check out our CB Chicken tray packs at your favourite supermarket and try one of the great recipes featured on www.ilovecbfoods.com
This exciting recipe page is brand new, and will be updated with great recipes from all of our brands.
Also, keep an eye out for a full, new iLoveCBFoods page coming soon!
From left: Carol Beckford, Admin. Assist - NPM, Mrs. Sophia Walters, Interim Manager of the Homestead Place of Safety, Stony Hill and Sharon Black, Port Manager. Mrs. Walters was presented with a cheque in the amount of $10,000 from the CBSSC CB Sports and Social Club towards the welfare of the girls.
A Cheque donation in the amount of $10,000.00 is handed over to the CB Arnold Road football team by Dwen Gordon (Rep. of the CBSSC) to Ms. Camille Spaulding. This was given to assist with registration fees.
APRIL BIRTHDAYSMARCH BIRTHDAYS8 Lester Johnson 17 Trevor Thomas
Alexander Marsh 18 Debbie Passmore
10 Shaneika Bailey Averick Cooke
Preston Francis 21 Stephane Hurst
11 Opal Robertson 22 Dane Thomas
12 Bjorn Bennett 23 Dalbert Barnett
13 Dave McLean Michael Davis
14 Lynford Davis Claudette Wynter
Karen Walters-Reives 25 Patricia Nichol-Black
Fitzroy Parchment 26 Michael Pryce
Desmond Anglin 28 George Gooden
Althea Bignott Dermaine Walker
15 Clive Morris 29 Nicholas Dawkins
16 Paulette Hollingsworth
1 Lilly Hitchener
2 Albert Wright
4 Eukel Bailey
5 Claudine McLeod
6 Machel Wedderburn
A very warm welcome to the newest members of the CB Family!NEW HIRESDwayne WilliamsIntern (University of Technology)MIT (Group Office)February 16th April 30th
Annett SamuelsIntern (Univerisy of Technology)MIT (Group Office)February 16th April 30th
JUST MARRIEDKenrick Mattis (Farm Manager, Egg Farm) & Helen JaddoMarried 24 January 2015Linstead, St Catherine.
Anna-Marie Linton (Security Administrator, CB Arnold Road) and Carlyle LintonMarried December 27, 2014Faith Temple New Testament Church of God Bayside, Portmore.
cb big ups birthdays & staff movements 13
cb big ups a day in the life of the cb customer care team 14
A DayIn TheLife Of
The CB Foods Customer Care Team
From Left: Customer Care Specialists, Sharmika Lloyd, Jason Clarke, Toni-Ann Williams, Fiona Williams, Alicia Mckenzie, Tudie Simpson, Yanique Simpson and Sasha-Gay Turner
1. How long have you been a member of the CB Group? Tudie Simpson: I have been working in customer care for roughly 4 years.Sasha-Gay Turner: 4 years 4monthsJason Clarke: I joined the Group in 2004 as a Merchandiser. But February 25, 2015 made it 2 yrs in Customer CareToni-Ann Williams: 4 years and 5 months.Sharmika Lloyd: This year will make it 11 years. 5 years in customer careFiona Williams: I have been with the company for almost 10 years.Alicia Mckenzie: 7 YearsYanique Simpson: 1 year and 4 months.
2. What makes the CB Foods Customer Care Team special?Tudie Simpson: My team is extremely versatile with different personalities and different strengths. We laugh, we cry, we fuss but regardless we are family.Sasha-Gay Turner: We are very dedicated and we go above and beyond at all times. We do a lot and we do it exceptionally well.
Jason Clarke: The commitment of our team to satisfy our customer at all costs.Alicia Mckenzie: Me :)Yanique Simpson: The dedication of the individuals to their customers and the commitment to ensuring that every customer is satisfied, no matter how big or small.
3. What is the best part about working at CB? Tudie Simpson: Especially in Customer Care - the fun we have together and of course we always get the job done no matter how frustrating things may be.Sasha-Gay Turner: The chance to interact with so many people on a daily basis and learn what they do.Jason Clarke: The diversity of the group. Toni-Ann Williams: The people that we interact with and that we get an opportunity to learn different aspects of the business.
4. What gets you through a hectic work day?Sharmika Lloyd: My team mates. They listen and then find a joke in the situation to make me laugh (especially Fiona).Fiona Williams: Making fun of and with my team members. A little laughter is better than a quarrel.Alicia Mckenzie: A prayer unto God.Yanique Simpson: Singing to myself and LOTSSSSSSS of Prayer.
5. What is your favourite CB product? Tudie Simpson: I love Caribbean Passion Rotisserie Chicken (Hot & Spicy) Sasha-Gay Turner: Chicken Chub Ham & CB Chicken drumsticksToni-Ann Williams: CB Chicken breast filletSharmika Lloyd: Apart from chicken? Picnic Ham & Corned Pork ChubAlicia Mckenzie: Smoked Chicken & Bad Dawg Sausage
6. If you could be in another section of the group for a day, where would you go and why?Tudie Simpson: Definitely Sales. Working in customer care we already do in-house sales, so to experience it on the road and not be confined to a desk would be great.Sasha-Gay Turner: Any shipping location. They always seem like they are having fun like our department.Jason Clarke: Newport Genetics.Toni-Ann Williams...