2. Video in Multimedia
- Visual motion helps to convey realism and movement
3. Uses of Video in Multimedia
- Video enhances common applications of multimedia.
- Video simulationsshow procedures and interactions that would be dangerous to perform in actuality
- Gamesuse video to simulate flight, car racing, and other action
- Web sites and CD-ROMsuse videos as reference material
- Videoconferencesenable participants to see each other and witness demonstrations
4. Video Quality
- Video quality depends on:
- The resolution and clarity of individual video frames.
- The frame rate or speed at which video frames appear. Frame rate is measured in frames per second (FPS).
5. What is streaming video?
- Streaming video refers to a technique for transferring data so that the browser starts displaying the data before the entire file has been transmitted.
6. Video File Format
- A video files format determines:
- Which programs can open and play it.
- How much space it occupies on a disk.
- How fast it travels over an Internet connection.
7. Common File Formats
- The most commonly used video file formats are:
- MOV (movie), also known as QuickTime
- WMV (Windows media video)
- AVI (audio video interleave)
- MPEG compresses audio and video
8. Video Software
- There are programs for playing video and audio, as well as editing and distributing video.
- A number of video players are available on the Internet for free or at nominal cost.
- Video editing software allows you to edit video.
9. Video Hardware
- Camcorders, digital or analog, for recording live action
- Webcams, to include live, streaming video in a Web site
- Capture cards for converting analog video to digital format
- Video tuners to enable a PC to receive and save television signals