1. BGSUCollege of TechnologyCO-OP Orientation Your CO-OP, Your Career.
2. An experience course that puts intopractice what you are learning in the classroom. Your CO-OP courses are:
3. (take time to find it on yours)
4. 1. Answers: Why are you at BGSU? Can you answer that question now? Your CO-OP helps you figure this out.2. Forces you into your field, positively.3. Employers are much more likely to hire someone with a degree AND relative experience. Thanks to your CO-OPs, you have both.
5. Develop professional work habits now. Clarify your area of study: Are you doing what you want to do? Access to state-of-the-art technology. Opportunity to live/work in different areas, broadening your perspectives. Up to 1 years experience before graduation. Keeps curricula up-to-date with industry. Opportunity to network, leading to jobs.
6. * That meets CO-OP requirements.
7. Previous CO-OP locations in all 50 states and 6 of 7 continents Which continent has a CO-OP student has never been to?
8. HOW QUICKLY CAN YOU EARN YOUR DEGREE? Its up to you TIME Scenario 1 Scenario 2 Scenario 3YEAR 1 SEM 1 courses courses coursesYEAR 1 SEM 2 courses courses coursesYEAR 1 SEM 3 CO-OP CO-OP coursesYEAR 2 SEM 4 courses courses CO-OPYEAR 2 SEM 5 courses courses coursesYEAR 2 SEM 6 CO-OP courses coursesYEAR 3 SEM 7 courses CO-OP coursesYEAR 3 SEM 8 courses courses CO-OPYEAR 3 SEM 9 CO-OP courses coursesYEAR 4 SEM 10 courses CO-OPYEAR 4 SEM 11 courses coursesYEAR 4 SEM 12 courses
9. 1. Complete Policy & Procedure Statement2. Complete CO-OP Orientation (you are doing this now)3. Start search for CO-OP 2 semesters BEFORE.4. Create resume, intro. messages, and lists of companies to contact.5. Contact companies, get hired.6. Register/Apply for your CO-OP (WorkNet). Help is available for all steps and situationscontact us.
11. One way to find a CO-OP >>>>> 1. Log-in to your MyBGSU account. 2. On LEFT side, click WorkNet link under the Career Center header 3. Enter your username and password on the next screen, click LogIn
12. Visit ourwebsiteRESOURCES! (next screen) twitterlisting current CO-OPs available. Live Chat CO-OP Countdown
13. Interactive Map of previous CO-OPs Interactive Resume BuilderGallery of Students on-site Templates for letters, emails and resumes Videos of past CO-OPevents and presentations
14. 1. Log-in to your WorkNet account2. Under ADDITIONAL RESOURCES, click Register Your Experiential Learning HERE3. Click the Add New button4. Read instructions.5. In pull-down menu Experiential Learning Type: choose Internship/Co-op6. Fill-in your CO-OP details accordingly, when complete, click Save
15. YOUR BGSU EMAIL IS THE OFFICIAL METHOD OF CONTACT Check your BGSU email DAILY. Technology Building, Room 102 BGSU, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0306 Phone: 419-372-7581 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org bgsu.edu/colleges/technology/coop
16. BGSUCollege of TechnologyCO-OP Orientation Your CO-OP, Your Career.