A quick and delicious homemade pizza recipe, featuring the flavors of a loaded baked potato
Olive Garden Breadsticks with Pizza Hut Seasoning
Baked Potato Pizza RecipeYield: crust recipe makes two large pizza crusts
of the crust dough (see below for recipe)1 cup sour cream
1 T (or to taste) of your favorite Ranch Dressing Herb mix
2 small baked potatoes, sliced into inch slices
4 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
2 cups of cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Dough, baked potatoes, and bacon can all be made in advance, earlier in the week.
1. Preheat the oven to 450, with a pizza stone on the middle rack. While oven is heating, lay out a square of parchment paper, and smush out half of the batch of bread dough into a large circle. Sometimes, the dough is very wet, and other times its very elastic and tough, but it always turns out tasting greatjust manhandle it however you need to.
2. Pop the dough in the oven for 10 minutes, while you prep other ingredients.
3. Mix Ranch dressing mix into Sour Cream. Spread mixture on dough for the sauce.
4. Top sour cream mix with sliced potatoes.
5. Cover potatoes with a layer of crumbled bacon and chives (optional)
6. Top with 2 cups of cheese, spreading to sides.
7. Top crust with parmesan cheese and additional spices as desired.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.
Dough (from the easy bread recipe here)
In a large, 5 quart container, combine: 3 c. warm water1 T. kosher or coarse salt6 1/2 c. of flour1 1/2 T. instant/fast rise yeast (2 packets)
Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough is evenly wet with no dry spots. Cover your container and allow to rise on the countertop for 2 hours. The dough should almost triple in size and begin to collapse on itself and flatten on top. You can allow it to rise longer, and it wont hurt anything.
Chill dough for at least three hours. You can bake it before chilling, but its easier to work with cold, and the flavor improves with age.
Photo tutorial here: