2. For inquiries please contact Jon Flax: firstname.lastname@example.org 973-224-1254 CEO Jon Flax CTO Kevin Felichko Head of Product Donny Zanger Business Summary August 2015
3. Backboard is the secure digital home for your priceless memories
4. Weve been told to store everything in icloud, dropbox, Google, and Amazon, but there must be a better way. Photo/Video storage will always be an ancillary service to their core businesses. Backboards sole focus is to give you the security you need, features you want, and value that should come with protecting and sharing your most priceless and irreplaceable digital possessions. Why choose Backboard?
5. Sync Backboard will automatically find and sync your photos and videos on all of your devices, all while remaining platform agnostic. Secure By creating end to end encryption, our users wont have to worry that their private and precious photos are being seen by us or any third party. The user has total control over who sees their data and when they see it. Surface Why is it so hard to search through past memories and find what youre looking for? Our intuitive search functionality as well as easy to use filtering system will have users wanting to engage with the app on a regular basis. Stream Private sharing with close friends and family should be easy, fun, and platform agnostic.
6. Our demographic Multi OS users: 28% of all Mac users own an Android. 35% of all ipad users own an Android. This translates to millions of customers in the US alone who need to find an alternative to the Apple eco system to back up their photos and videos. Disgruntled icloud users: Incomprehensible and clunky to many, people use it because its there, not because they like it. Dropbox users: The general consensus: great for files and folders, terrible for media. Their photo app carousel launched with fanfare and faded into anonymity. Families: Households with a variety of different devices and operating systems that want to store and share privately. International community: They now have the 3G and 4G wireless capability to upload and access large amounts of data via the cloud.
7. Competition amount cost criticism 1 Terabyte $150/year Flickr 1 Terabyte Free with full page ads, $500/year for 2 terabytes Ads via yahoo in free version; perceived as public network; photos only, up to 200MP Microsoft OneDrive 1 Terabyte $84/Year Amazon Cloud Drive Unlimited $100/Year with Amazon Prime Amazon eco system; photos only, but with 5gb of video and le storage Dropbox (Carousel) 1 Terabyte $100/Year Apple iCloud 1 Terabyte $240/Year No smaller pricing plans; limited app functionality; poor desktop experience Limited to iOS for device and sharing functionality; confusing and bulky Poor user experience; appealing only to people in the Microsoft eco system Backboard
9. Initial revenue generation will come on a monthly subscription basis. Free 90-day trials will be given to all users, and those who fall under a certain threshold of cloud storage will continue to have free access to the service. Soft users will be allowed access to the service. These are users who choose not to back up anything with us but would still like access to albums and streams that they get invited to view from existing Backboard users. Revenue generation
10. 0-10 GB: Free 25 GB: $2/mo 100 GB: $6/mo 1 TB: $15/mo Unlimited: $25/mo *Discounted options for annual billing *Discounted options for family billing Current pricing options*
11. July 2015 - August 2015 Alpha testing of mobile and desktop September 2015 Limited beta launch January 2016 Full market launch Project timeline
12. Free Me An easy way to remove photos and videos from your mobile devices and computers to free up space while keeping all of your data safe and accessible in the cloud. Family Plans Were built for families and loved ones who want to share their memories in a private setting. We want to make that experience even better by offering easy family sharing where device and operating systems dont matter and billing becomes painless. Auto Tag and Smart Search We want to take the pain out of finding memories from 5, 10, even 15 years ago. Fast Finger Clean-Up We tend to tap our finger 10 times to get the perfect shot and it ends up cluttering our libraries. An easy solution to consolidate those moments while keeping your library efficient and looking sharp. Scored Videos A fun feature that will increase the impact of an image or video shared by adding a score. And lots more Additional features post-beta
13. The Backboard Team Jon Flax, CEO Jon has over 10 years of experience in sales and operations, with a specialty in entrepreneurship. In B2B, hes flourished in the medical device and floral industry. In B2C, he helped start TapdNY, a NYC based bottled water company that pioneered a drink local movement. As the first employee of H. Bloom, Inc., Jon rose to become Vice President of Sales and helped grow the company to a $10 million annual run rate in his 4-year tenure. H.Bloom is backed by leading VC firms Battery and Shasta. Jons successful track record in enterprising sales and operations puts him in a poised and unique position to lead Backboards growth to become the market leader. Donny is a web-savvy entrepreneur with over 10 years of experience in sales and operations, as well as expertise in SEO and internet marketing. He has launched three businesses to date, including the successful All Week Walls, a temporary wall business in NYC that has been featured numerous times in the New York Times. In 2009, Donnys web development company, EmunahSoft, Inc., released Transferpod, an app that allowed music files to be transferred from an iPod/iPhone to a PC or Mac and back, a capability that was revolutionary for its time. Donnys industry experience and knack for filling technological needs makes him well suited to spearhead Backboards product development. Donny Zanger, Head of Product Over 18 years of experience in building elegant, high performing software across many industries As a contributor to Cloud Academy, Kevin is an expert in AWS Systems as well as cloud architecture CTO and co founder for several startups (propertyroom.com, temperature @lert) Kevins passion and knowledge of software architecture and cloud systems makes him the perfect technical founder for Backboard as we gain users and the precious photos and videos that come along with them. Kevin Felichko, CTO
14. Backboard Thank you. For inquiries please contact Jon Flax: email@example.com 973-224-1254