As a financial advisor, you can use twitter to grow your business. When it comes to followers, focus on quality of quantity.
- 1. 1 0 W ays to Attract Quality Followers The Interactive Advisor Internet Marketing for Financial Advisors http://theinteractiveadvisor.com
- Where is the financial community on Twitter?
- What kind of content is being shared and what language are they using?
- Being a part of your industry on Twitter will connect you to a more relevant audience. To learn what other financial advisors are tweeting, start here atAdvisorTweets an aggregated, curated collection of what financial advisors say on Twitter.
1. Participate in the conversation. http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 3.
- Dont just follow anyone with the hopes that theyll follow you back. From industry experts to potential leads, follow people that youre interested in and that you want to attract.
- Connect with me on Twitter here at@TJ_Gilsenan .
2. Follow people that you want to know. http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 4. 3. Introduce yourself.
- Social media is like one big cocktail party. If there are people that you are really focused on getting to know, simply introduce yourself. Its easy and more effective to make a personal introduction. You can also make a comment about their blog or ask a question.
- If youre on Twitter for business, keep it industry focused. Dont tweet solely about your kids or what you ate for lunch. Although some personal interaction is acceptable, discussing relevant financial topics will attract a more targeted audience.
4. Stay focused. http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 6.
- If you use automation tools (e.g., Facebook status posted directly to Twitter), make sure you create pertinent messages and schedule posts over a varied period of time. Automated-only posts can look very impersonal and be seen as SPAM.
5. Dont rely solely on automation. http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 7. 6. Tweet a balanced mix of information.
- Include content from your blog as well as your thoughts on market news or links to interesting articles.
- Get involved in discussions about financial topics to draw attention to your expertise. Use the Twitter search tool or search by hashtag (#retirement planning, #stockmarket, #financial) to find relevant topics.
7. Join Twitter discussions. http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 9.
- Retweet posts that you find interesting to increase your visibility. People who follow the person you Retweet or the hashtag you include will see you as someone with similar interests. Make sure you use the @name when you mention other Twitter users to help build relationships.If others are monitoring conversations about themselves, they will notice your Retweet.
8. Retweet (RT). http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 10.
- Pay attention to what your audience is talking about.
- What questions are they asking?
- What information are they requesting?
- If you provide valuable Tweets to your followers, you will likely attract more quality followers. Respond to questions with quality content and people will see you as an informative resource, follow your Tweets, and may even Retweet you.
9. Listen to your audience.http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 11. 10. Promote your Twitter handle.
- Add your handle (your @name) to your email signature, business cards, website contact information, and your blog.
- How do you attract more quality followers and leads on Twitter?
- How do you decide who youll follow?
Share your ideas with The Interactive Advisor http://theinteractiveadvisor.com 13.
- Founded by T.J. Gilsenan,The Interactive Advisorhelps financial advisors acquire new clients through web marketing. We bring you tools, trends, and best practices from around the web. We help you ask the right questions, find the right answers, and leave the competition in the dust.
- For more information, visithttp://theinteractiveadvisor.com .
About The Interactive Advisor