3. largest startup ecosystem globally startups added annually http://www.nasscom.in/india-fastest-growing-and-3rd-largest-startup-ecosystem-globally-nasscom-startup-report-2014 startups in the technology and digital space in India alone~3100 3rd ~800
5. http://www.nasscom.in/india-fastest-growing-and-3rd-largest-startup-ecosystem-globally-nasscom-startup-report-2014 2020 11,500 startups there would be more than employing over 2.5 lakh people
6. so, What is a startup?
7. A startup is an organization formed to search for a repeatable & scalable business model.
8. A human institution designed to create a new product or service under conditions of extreme uncertainty
9. How does it all start
10. in a Cafe in a Pub
11. Idea Build Reach out to VC Get Funded Go feature way Hire Expand
12. Idea Build Reach out to VC Get Funded Go feature way Hire Expand Next round
13. Failure 95% Idea Build Reach out to VC Get Funded Go feature way Hire Expand
14. Premature scaling Spending money on marketing, hiring etc. before you nd a working business model Spending too fast while failing to secure further nancing. 74% of 95% Acquiring users for less than the revenue they bring http://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-startups-fail
15. What does it really take
16. Source: Disciplined Agile Consortium (https://disciplinedagiledelivery.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/an-exploratory-lean-startup-lifecycle/) Envision Build a little Productize Hypothesis Deploy Keep going Observe & Measure Proven Idea Pivot Disproven Idea Cancel Idea
21. This presentation is available FREE of cost. Images used under Creative Common License but can be removed on objection http://www.nasscom.in/india-fastest-growing- and-3rd-largest-startup-ecosystem-globally- nasscom-startup-report-2014 https://disciplinedagiledelivery.wordpress.com/ 2014/04/25/an-exploratory-lean-startup- lifecycle/ http://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of- startups-fail Articles and blogs referred: Books referred: