Senior Construction Management major at Michigan Technological University. Searching for a career following December 2011 graduation with emphasis in project management. Previous internships include Michigan Paving and Materials (2009), Granger Construction Company (2010), and the Barton Malow Company (2011). Interested in working for an Aerospace & Defense Contractor, the Department of Defense, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Railroad/Transportation Industry, a large engineering firm, or simply the corporate world.
1. ALICIA HAYDAMACK
2. I attend school at . . . MICHIGAN TECH UNIVERSITY
3. Some background information: ALICIA HAYDAMACKNew Baltimore, MI Michigan Technological University Houghton, MI B.S. Construction Management Expected December 2011 Activities: Efficiency through Engineering and Construction (ETEC) Enterprise National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Railroad Engineering Activities Club (REAC) Alicia Haydamack Construction Management Graduating December 2011 2110 D Woodmar Dr. Houghton, MI 49931 Phone: 586 747 9181 email@example.com://www.linkedin.com/in/aliciahaydamack
4. Working on Senior Design thru Project Title: Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter Project (BKGS)Location: Calumet, MI Purpose: Shelter provides women & children who are victims of abuse a safe, temporary place to stay as well as counseling servicesObjective: Create a preliminary design & estimate for construction of a new facility that meets the necessary criteria including: budget, size, & an increase in the energy efficiency of the building (i.e. reduce heating costs)
5. My Mission Statement: To act as a liaison between a company and client in order to establish a solid line of communication and trust throughout a projects life cycle.
6. I would like to work in a . . . big city.
7. And for either . . . Aerospace & Defense Contractor Department of Defense U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Railroad Industry Large Engineering Firm Dredging company Corporate World
8. Past experience in Construction Industry : Michigan Paving & Materials May 2009-August 2009 Jackson, MI Granger Construction Company May 2010-August 2010Lansing, MI Barton Malow Company May 2011-August 2011Southfield, MI
9. @ Michigan Paving . . . 2009 Scale House LAB Operated inbound/outbound computerized scale system Directed traffic flow on/off scales Communicated tonnage to foreman and plant operator Sampled aggregates Performed gradation tests to verify size distribution Calculated specific gravities of gyratory pucks for specifications
10. @ Granger Construction . . . 2010 Project: $70 Million U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Administration Building & Parking Structure, Detroit Arsenal (TACOM) Typical project engineer tasks Communicated daily with architect, management, & subcontractors Managed document control process by preparing submittals, RFIs, & transmittals Involved in the project closeout process-organized warranty documents and operation and maintenance manuals
11. Recommendation During the Summer of 2010 Ms. Haydamack worked as an intern under my direct guidance processing submittals, RFIs, and closeout documentation related to a $75 million dollar U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project. During this time as a Granger intern, Ms. Haydamack proved to be a professional of the highest caliber as she worked to support 4 management staff members and numerous field personnel. Her willingness to learn and attention to detail is second to none, and Alicia used these character traits to add value to the Granger Construction team where she saw opportunity. Ms. Haydamack would make an integral part of any team looking to maintain a young thriving workforce. Todd Hargett Project Engineer, Granger Construction
12. @ Barton Malow. . . 2011 Project: Stoney Corners Wind Farm in McBain, MICurrently 19 wind turbines & 9 more throughout the summer Assist project engineer with concrete and steel daily reports Hexagon Foundation: Managing document control process, which includes compaction and aggregate test reports and excavation observations Opportunity to climb up the 328 ft high structure to verify that the bolts are properly torqued
13. Scholarships in industry include . . . 2010 Recipient of AGCs W. Stanley Whitaker Scholarship 2009 & 2009 Recipient of NAWICs Carleen E. Hallman Scholarship
14. Connect with Alicia Haydamack http://aliciahaydamack.wordpress.com/ http://www.linkedin.com/in/aliciahaydamack http://www.youtube.com/user/aliciahaydamack http://twitter.com/aliciahaydamack